Register now to get rid of these ads!

1928 Chevy Roadster need input on a build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kasultana, Jul 12, 2013.

1. kasultana

kasultana

Found this car after searching for a year. We are contemplating a build but this car runs and drives. Anyone done a traditonal Chevy Hot Rod build they can share pictures of? Can use some advice as there are few of these roadsters complete which makes it pretty unique.

Attached Files:

2. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

is that at the Towe Auto Museum?

3. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Holy Schnikes! Leave it as is, what a b-e-a-utiful piece of Americana.

As a side note... what's up with the headlights?

4. I agree...leave it as is. You can always fine one that's in a basket to build but you may never find another survivor in that condition.

5. jan bogert

jan bogert

DON'T touch it!

6. kasultana

kasultana

I did get the car from the auto museum in Sacramento. The lights aren't hooked up but they are Guide. Not sure era but I'm guessing they might be a little later in age potentially. From what I understand this was a one family car. Starting more research on it but its a blast to drive as I've just started to get the hang of spark advance and idle adjustment on the steering wheel. I'll drive it some more and try to decide. I'm building a traditional AV8 28 ford I found in storage and was thinking this could make a great pair to it.

7. trbomax

trbomax

This is my 28 3 window. These were taken in the early 60's. I still have it and am starting a rebuild next month.

Attached Files:

8. kasultana

kasultana

Looks like a great build and better yet keeping it all those years to get to this point is even better. Enjoy the build please post some pictures.

9. trbomax

trbomax

I didnt add that I was only 19 yrs old when I did this and it was my second build on the same car. The first pic where it was the light blue was around 1960,I was 17.