Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1927 T Tudor sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dustan, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

Hey everyone 2 weeks ago I bought me a very nice model t tudor sedan. I almost didn't want to chop it all up but I don't care for them in stock trim. Sorry. Anyways I started off deciding how I wanted to build my frame. Got that all figured out and worked on it after work for 5 days and got the perimeter all welded up and the body on it. This week I waited for parts and when they showed up I got the front end under it. Need new wheels in the front because the adapters make them stick out too far and look dumb. I have never done a car like this before and I'm having lots of fun! Getting my Chevy 350 and 2 speed powerglide next week so I can start finalizing all of my suspension. image.jpg image.jpg

hipster, kiwijeff and volvobrynk like this.
  2. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    volvobrynk likes this.
  3. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

image.jpg image.jpg Frame is all internally gusseted also

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

image.jpg Here is where I am as of today.

volvobrynk likes this.

5. manyolcars

manyolcars

its looking good! keep going

6. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

Can't stop now too much money sitting there to lose! Haha thank you

7. Seats/chairs are cool.

8. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

I am using hairpins and coil overs in the rear with a panhardbar bar...I kind of like the seats also. I think I might modify them a little and use them.

9. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

image.jpg So what are all the channeled guys doing for a brake and gas pedal setup. Not a lot of room for both. The engine and trans needs to go up still but My subframe is in the way of the trans and I don't feel like fixing that tonight. Pretty tight in there. I was thinking about just moving the toe board back a few inches and moving the seats back further.

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

image.jpg Here's a front shot.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. 3blapcam

3blapcam

I will post pics tomorrow when I've got access to my pics... but I installed a 3 pedal setup on my channeled Model A sedan! It required A LOT of heating, bending, cutting, welding & modifying of my pedals!

3blap.

12. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

Awesome! That's what I needed to hear! I would appreciate that! First one I have ever tried to do.

13. 3blapcam

3blapcam

Here's a few. It morphed into the last photo with the brake pedal under my column. It's been awhile, but I believe I used 3/16" plate, maybe 1/4"... traced out the mount, used a hole saw for the circles & finished with a die grinder with carbide bit. DSCN2278.JPG DSCN2278.JPG DSCN2279.JPG DSCN2287.JPG DSCN2303.JPG IMG_0537.JPG

kiwijeff and volvobrynk like this.
  14. 3blapcam

3blapcam

Last photo has all 3 pedals... but it's kinda hard to see the throttle pedal since I painted it black... 2 pedals would've been sooooo much easier!

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I like full fendered T's a lot, looks good.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  16. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

image.jpg image.jpg Awesome .thank you for the pics. I'm going to have lots more cutting and bending to do.

17. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

This is so not s full fendered T anymore.. Haha

18. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

19. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

No, don't tell me you are losing the fenders! Full fendered tall T 2 doors are so cool, I had plans to build one years ago, but after hauling the complete body home and setting it carefully in the garage, my Dad told me "Get that out of my garage!" and that was the end of that dream. :(

20. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

Yep I'm losing the fenders :) I still have them and I also have a 26 tudor sedan in my barn. It's not as nice as this one but still not too bad. So maybe after this car I will do a full fendered one.

21. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

OK, that is kind of too bad. I would have liked to see it with less channel and running aprons and full fenders, they are so sweet.
    Like this.
    T Sedan 2.jpg

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  22. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

Yeah,I have saw lots of cars run it this way and they are still driving around... Also nothing suspension wise is finalized at all hence the big vice grip holding the brackets. The rear end is tack welded in on 3" solid blocks so of course that's not the right way. I honestly looked and I don't see any reason not to run it the way I have it with a panhardbar bar.

23. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

That does look good but I really wanted this car to be heavily channeled and chopped about 4". I do have another whole car though so I might throw that one together just how this one was when I got it. I'm using this body for this because there is zero rot anywhere one this one except the driver door and my plans are to finish the chassis and engine in all chrome,polished aluminum and a 60"s ford mint green paint. Then I'm going to sand what little bit of primer is on the car off and have the body be raw steel.

24. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

25. fattoy

fattoy

Great progress. Loving the pics. Keep them coming

26. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Thanks a lot. Will do as soon a I have made some more progress. I worked s little on it today... Got the motor mounts made and the trans mount made. Got the engine and trans sitting in now.

27. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

image.jpg Inside is going to be tight...

28. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Looking good, keep up the good work. :cool: May I make one suggestion, when posting pictures, if you would make them full size instead of thumbnails it makes it easier and more enjoyable for those of us following your build. ;)

29. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

Okay It has just been doing thumbnails automaticly. I will try to figure it out.

30. I'm with you,I rarely see a T sedan that hasn't been channeled but it ain't my car and the OP is building it like he want's. HRP