Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1924 Model T Purchase Contract

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HighSpeed LowDrag, Jun 14, 2009.

1. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Scan of my Grandfathers paperwork when he bought his 1924 Runabout.

Notice that they were in North Dakota. Winters tend to be cold up there and at some point my Grandmother insisted that the Runabout body be replace with a closed car. It was just too D*** cold for her in the winter.

Some sort of deal was struck with one of the local farmers and bodys were traded. One Runabout body for a Doctors Coupe.

I remember my Dad telling me that my Grandfather was known to have a nip or two. Sometime just after the "new" coupe body was traded for, Dad and his best friend gathered up all of the liquor bottles with a few drops in them and combined all of the bottles into about a pint of liquor. Now what to do with it?

Grandfather had a few farm animals around even though he was a carpenter. Well Dad and his friend decided to get one of the goats drunk. Seemed like a good idea at the time, I suppose.

The goat gets drunk and crawls up on the "new" Coupe body and proceeds to somehow get up on the roof of the car. Anyone with an original top can imagine my Grandfathers shock when he comes home to find a drunk goat stuck in the top of his Model T. All 4 legs were down through the roof and the goat not being able to get out was just mad as hell.

Still have the car. Restored to original - not very H.A.M.B. freindly but I think the paperwork may be of interest to some.

Anywho.......... looks like he paid 350.00 250.00 down and the other 100.00 in two installments.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Well. I thought it was interesting.

3. Old61

Old61
    from PA

Cool! Got pics?

4. Gerg

Gerg

cool story and paperwork i think i would have at least ate the goat after he went through the roof lol

5. Codeman

Codeman
    from SE Mo

I'd like to see pics of the car restored or not. Very cool to still have it.

6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I love old car paperwork. I have a quite a pile of new and used car invoices from a Ford dealership in East Texas. Some traded in land for cars, as well as other cars.

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my grandfather was born in 1910. after reading this I wish I'd have asked about his first car. oldest car he ever spoke of was his brand new 54 Pontiac.