Here's my 1938 American Lafrance V12 Speedster project. A big engine Speedster has been a long time dream of mine but I thought it would be a project I wouldnt be able to get to untill much later in life, but last November that all changed. A 1938 V12 and Trans popped up for sale at a price I could afford not far from me and it was owned by a friends father and stored at my friends. When I went to check it out at my buddies he also had wheels, a front axle, rear diff, and a steering box off of a 1928 Plymouth which in my mind had great proportions for what I wanted to build so I picked those up too. When I got it all home I shoved the parts in a corner and finished the projects I had going on. While finishing these other projects I chewed over the design in my head. I decided I was going to build a super stripped down, chain drive, brass era looking speedster like what would have been seen in Indianapolis, or on ice covered lakes making Land speed runs, or the Vanderbilt Cup Races at the turn of the century. The Ford 999, 1905 Premier, and Durrauq's, were huge insperations for this project. December 14 2019 was the oficial start of this build. I started by using wood to figure out what size Frame rails I wanted. I went with 2"X8"X.125" box tubing. Next I set the engine in place making sure the intake was level in all directions using cinder blocks and wood as cribbing. I then did the same with the frame rails. Next I set crossmembers and built engine mounts. Soon after mounting the engine I decided to test fire it which I originally said I wouldn't do untill I was done because if something was wrong with it my motivation would be destroyed. But it ran awesome and gave me even more motivation. And to make a long long story short i'll forget about chronological order and just list everything else i've done since then. Procured a 1917 ALF Radiator, wheels, tires, modern trailer hubs and spindles that have correct bolt pattern for wheels, rear axle which is actually a front axle off an 80's international, and purchased custom springs from Alcon Spring, Shortened the rear diff so it could be used as a transaxle for chain drive and set it in place Welded trailer axle spindles into the 80's international axle Fabbed radiator mount, steering box mount, front frame horns, and spring mounts, Machined adapter for transmission output to read diff input, spacers to allow the modern hubs to be used on the 28 Plymouth front spindles. Right now I'm finishing up the front hubs and getting ready to make spring hangers for the rear axle. I'm sure there's alot I'm missing but whatever it's time for pics!