Register now to get rid of these ads!

19" model a front runners?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Swedester, Feb 5, 2005.

1. I was thinking I´d save some bucks on using old model A wheels up front whith motorcycle tires instead of buying new radir 12 spokes or used americans,anyone have any good pic´s of such wheels on a rod? does it look wierd?

2. Alfster

Alfster

Like this.............

3. aedan

aedan
    from ###

here ya go these are off the hamb

Attached Files:

4. that looks ok,I´ll go that route then,thanks!

5. aedan

aedan
    from ###

anytime mate

6. Darwin

Darwin

Swedester you don't have to go with motorcyle tires, and their reputed handling problems, for decent 19" front tires. A company named Excelsior sells several sizes, undoubtedly intended for older British sports cars, that would look just fine on the front and aren't very expensive. Coker carries them here in the U.S. but they may well be available much closer to you. Here's the link for the skinniest 19" Excelsior: http://www.coker.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=18130&cat=295&page=1
    This one would have the look you're seeking and would likely handle a lot better than any MC tire.

7. You should talk with Pär from "Jokers" i believe he live in Falköping. He had the set up you are looking for on his '29 Sedan

Klaus

8. darwin;thanks for the link,I knew I had seen skinnies like that somewhere

klaus;I´ll try to get a hold of him,you don´t have his last name?then it would be easy to find his number.

I´m also looking at the new radirs as well,they look gooood!but pricey,hard to decide wich way to go.