Register now to get rid of these ads!

1848 chevy fleetmaster subframe install

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hucks 48, Oct 18, 2011.

1. hucks 48

hucks 48

looking for any info for a camaro or nova subframe install,what is the best one to go with, what year nova or camaro, found a 67 camaro subframe.any good shops in st.louis area?any help would be great

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

My pop used a 72 camaro frontend and rearend, worked pretty good.

3. Dangerous Dan

Dangerous Dan
    from Graham Wa.

Don't do it unless it's a rear steer. I just cut a 73 Camaro clip out of my 48 Chevy, to wide and tires rubbed fenders on turning, core support was literally destroyed due to interference with the steering gear. It was a hash job from the get go. I built a new sub frame out of 2 by 4 3/16 tube which slides inside the stock frame after cutting it off at the firewall. Then I installed a Mustang 2 universal weld in kit and it came out great.

4. hucks 48

hucks 48

is a 67 camaro rear steer?

5. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

67-69 is a rear steer. But its too wide for your car. Dont use it.

6. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

Just step up for a Mustang. It looks better, gives more room around the engine, and is much lighter.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Best post in long time!!! Greatest thing about a Camaro/Nova clipped pre '48 car? They are usually cheap 'cause they're not finished. Worst thing? Doing the above!

8. ...don't tell me the early Camaro/Firebird/Nova & clones frontends won't work.
    I've done a bunch of em, no problems with any. I use only drum brake, rear steer subs, which are getting hard to find now.
    The front steer and disc brake subs are too wide.

[​IMG]