Register now to get rid of these ads!

$17,100 upholstery job

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by c_illes, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irishman

Irishman

I want to hire him to do my divorce.

He's like a Hot Rod Steve Wilkos.

2. Steve,
    Well said.

I never figured out who this fella was talking to, I doubt that he was talking to Sean. If sean shoots you a price that is the price, just like you.

3. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

$650 full interior,mexico,from a guy thats been doing it since 1964 in the same place....not a problem with it since install..and yeah it took 12 hrs

Attached Files:

• 056.jpg
      056.jpg
      File size:
      145.6 KB
      Views:
  4. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Little do you know, your seats are filled with Mexican weed. They will disappear soon, and the college crowd in southern Cali thanks you.

5. Was this a "Fat Lucky" interior? If so I'm jealous... it's worth that and more!

I've been on elevator rides before but if the quality and design were there... and a firm price was not specified... I bit the bullet and payed up without any whining.

6. Larry T

Larry T

Ol Pete is talking to someone named Omar. Looks like Pete has several cars at Omar's and doesn't have a clue as to when he's gonna get them back or how much they're gonna cost. Not real good business.

But it looks like Pete is dealing with Omar in several of his videos, so it's not to hard to figure it out.

7. Model T1

Model T1

I really didn't watch it all. I've heard most of those words before down at the pool hall. If ya don't get an estimate on paper it's your problem.
    Personally I'm savin up to buy that genuine Chinese Mexican blanket down at the flea market. :D

8. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

yes your right,i also fly to work on a unicorn,have a delorean time machine,and i know where hoffa is buried.

9. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

If I had to deal with that fuckhead calling me like that I would have charged 20 grand. That dude is a fucking retard

10. Hoffa wasn't burried we ate him a long time ago. Sheeesh. :D

11. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That's awesome.

12. You can tell he's a real tough guy by the knuckle tattoos. :rolleyes:

13. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

I wouldn't pay $17,000 for an upholstery job but I would have sense enough to ASK FIRST what it was going to cost.

Apparently this knob has sent job after job down there without ever asking how much he charges. Now he is steamed because he thinks somebody besides him is making too much profit.

What a tool.

14. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Gotta love the Mexican upholstery business! I bought a finished 1964 Chevy II back in 1989 and it came from Texas. The interior was done across the border and was top notch! It looked just like the new cars at that time inside and looked like great if that was the look you wanted. I seen the car 2 years ago at a show and the interior was still in great shape even if the rest of the car needed work. I wish I was in Texas, a quick jump across the border might be in order!

15. Since reading a bit more on this thread, did it ever occur to anyone that the 17K was the GO-AWAY price?

16. chaddilac

chaddilac

hahahahaahahahahaha

Mark it up until you like doing it!!!

17. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Funny cause it's true.

18. Well if I called and talked to you like that I would expect the go away price.

I think that this You Tube ranks right up there with those You tubes that they take when they are beating the hell out of someone then post them.

It has nothing to do with a price of an upholstery job, and everything to do with someone behaving badly then posting it for the entire world to see. Its just ignorance gone to seed.

19. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I had that happen one time. I asked an upholstery shop "How much to do my interior ?" They gave me the price and wanted a 50% deposit, which I paid. Half way through the job his wife calls and gives me the final price and it was way higher than we discussed. When I said "No, you quoted me $ XX, she said, "That was for labor, not materials." :eek: He said he always quotes that way because he doesn't know how much the materials will cost till he's done !

WTF, when I get a price from someone I expect that quoted price to be it. I based my decision on if I could afford what he quoted me. I raised hell and he finally met me half way, but I learned from that point on to ask if that price was the final total, less tax, with no hidden costs later on. If I ask a body shop "How much to paint my car" I don't expect them to quote a price and then come back later and add the cost of the paint to the job.

Don

20. 59 brook

59 brook

i think your right i smell discovery channel audition here:cool:

21. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

My '32 Ford 3 window was $3500 including the trunk......
    DSC00036.jpg

My '65 Biscayne was $650 including headliner....
    DSC00040.jpg DSC00041.jpg

5 Days for each car, from drop off to pick up.

22. Man?!?! how can you say that guys like this, behaving like that, and ranting on Youtube is affecting your ability to make a living? That's such an inflammatory statement that couldn't be further from the truth.

If a good business that provides superior quality and service is failing, I don't care what business it is, it's because there's NO market...meaning not enough people are buying what you're selling, regardless of the quality of work.

I've seen your work, it's top notch, nobody can argue that....and nobody can argue that your work isn't worth what you charge. But there's an obvious argument that most people can't afford shop prices for a hotrod.

And just because people can't afford your work, doesn't mean you have the right to make condescending comments like that Walmart shit.

And yes, I think people have the right to spout off and rant about how expensive stuff is, because stuff IS too expensive. People go to work, work their asses off and still can't afford the things they want out of life.....and their sick of it.

23. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

24. And for clarification, I also think the youtube guy is an asshole looking to make himself a youtube star.

But it brought up a more important point for me.

25. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Love it porknbeaner... !

26. Lild

Lild

I dont know you and dont know how good you are but I can tell you insulting people wont bring you more business and just because you charge more doesnt mean youre better than another shop. I detailed cars for quite a few years and had a damn good reputation. People used to bring me cars that other guys screwed up and guess what? I was way cheaper than other places. And this is just my opinion so please dont web kick my ass

27. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Yeah that guy tried to hose you. When doing custom interior work you have a much better idea at how much material you will need over how much time it will take.

28. Model T1

Model T1

This is very reasonable and I'll bet you are satisfied with the work. Some of these other guys may be better but just because they charge rediculous prices that doesn't mean the work is better. Like a Rolls Royce buying a name does not get you to the grocery store any better.
    I don't believe others mentioned how the guy on the other end of the cell phone responded. He was as polite as possible considering the situation and answered all questions asked. Of course, I couldn't stand watching it all so may have missed something.
    I keep thinking, was that even legal?

29. MAD MIKE

MAD MIKE
    from 94577

So ELpolacko does not work his ass off? He does not have bills too?

You want cheap you go cheap, you want quality you pay for quality.
    It is on you to figure out who is the hack and who is the craftsman.

Although, I still would love to see what kind of Chevelle gets a $17K interior.

30. Larry T

Larry T

I'm pretty sure he has videos of it finished.
    As far as the guy on the other end of th phone, Pete posts videos of talking to him at the shop, so I'm gonna guess he's in on the whole production. You can't have a reality video without a script.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.