Register now to get rid of these ads!

16" Wheel Question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metalshapes, Oct 19, 2003.

1. metalshapes

metalshapes

I already wrote this in the Coker thread, I'm having trouble finding a perfect set of 4X16 rims, a set of 4 1/2X16 would work too.
    I have seen a lot of 16" Ford wheels in the last couple of days and only found one really nice one and one OK one. But one is 4" and the other is 4 1/2". with the better one that was on my car I could have made a good set of 4" wide ones, but as I was straightening that one the whole jigg worked itself out of my vise, dropped on the floor rim first, bending the rim enough for me to give up on it.
    So here is my question: Does Stockton or wheel Vintiques sell the outside part of a rim in that size?
    Does anybody else?
    What are the sizes of the Halibrand lookalike knockoff wheels that Socal uses?
    Who makes those?
    How much do those cost?
    Does anybody make no window lookalikes?

2. the halibrand lookalikes that So-Cal sells are made by a company called PS engineering(or PS something) i don't know their phone #,but i have seen their ads in GG gazzatte. you can get them in about any size you want.a friend just bought some....about $3300 fully polished.....way too much,but they look great

3. [ QUOTE ]
    Does anybody make no window lookalikes?

[/ QUOTE ] I think Vern Tardell was going to be offering some,same as on the Black '36 Coupe that was at the Grand National Roadster show.

4. metalshapes

metalshapes

Thanks for your help.
    I made some calls and this is what I found out.
    Stockton and Wheel Vintiques can make me a 4 1/2X16 with a '40 centre, but they will not sell the hoops seperate.
    Wheel Smith will if he can get them. ( I'll call him later to find out)
    I then called PS Engineering, those wheels would look great on my car, they would probably also give me more room for the brakes I want to use ( HUGE Aluminum drums ), but it would take me a long time to come up with the cash.
    I would also like to find out if Vern Tardell is really going to make smoothies.

5. DeadFast 33

DeadFast 33
    from Santa Cruz

Unkl Ian- Keith built that car not Vern and the wheels are not going to happen as far as I know.

6. [ QUOTE ]
    Keith built that car not Vern

[/ QUOTE ] I could remember Tardell,and I rememberd the car....

7. metalshapes

metalshapes

Those wheels are not going to happen?
    Thats too bad.

8. Story of my summer. Tried despeatly to put together 4 good 16's. I bought four unseen a fellow hamber and the two which I picked up where pitted junk that had been in the mud for years (one being 4in), I've yet to pu the other two. I mentioned to my father that I was trying to put a set together and he told me he'd just gotten two on a project he'd recently bought, I grabbed them and one was badly bent. Then another good hamb friend gave me two 4in rims that are very nice. I had them all sandblasted and came up with two 4's and one 4 1/2 after beating my head against the wall for a month.
    Recently went to a swap meet and bought four nice 46-48 16's that have been painted chocolate brown with a brush (hell yeah) running great well used WW 600-16's, hub caps and trim rings for $150... Perfrect. Sometimes if you push to hard you get now where.
    Last week I sold my brand new set of firestone deluxe champions and plan to run my swap meet set up AS IS...

9. My boss has a set of 15x7 and 15x10 SMOOTHIE Halibrands. They are not drilled for any bolt pattern yet nor are they fully polished. Both can be done per request. We also have the means to have the 7" fronts narrowed to whatever. Email me at [email protected]

10. metalshapes

metalshapes

If they would have been 16X7 and 16X10, I'd be all over that...
    And 16X4 and 16X 5 1/2 would have been perfect.