Register now to get rid of these ads!

16-inch wheelcovers for kustoms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Theo Douglas, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Hey guys,

I've been lucky enough to get a set of the 16-inch export wheels for my 1949 Ford Club Coupe, and now I need to get a set of 16-inch wheelcovers--something early kustom-like.

So I'm wondering who makes, and who made, what--and I'm figuring somebody out there has to know.

The one style I'm pretty sure they still make today are those "full moon" brand-x wheelcovers like Lee Pratt had on his 1940 Ford "Li'l Nugget." But where do you find 'em? The only ones I see on eGay are 15-inch.

Also, any other ideas? Steve Sellers had 16s on his shoebox, and he dug up some pretty bitchen wheelcovers. What else were guys running in '52?

Thanks! Feel free to PM me any responses.

2. Sonny Day Out

Sonny Day Out

Theo,

1948 through probably 1949 Cadillac 75 series had 16" Sombreros ! Earlier 75 series also had 16 " Wheelcovers ! They are difficult to find !

Good Luck,
    Sonny

3. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Thanks, Sonny!

Anyone else?

4. sasquatch alley

sasquatch alley
    from Fresno, Ca

You might try Rallye America. They had some solid 16" covers that take a 32-35 ford wire wheel cap in the middle.

5. Theo, You're going to have to search them out. Several were made in the late 40's...
    [​IMG]

6. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Thanks, Lynn!
    I know a couple places to start looking.

7. Cad La Dave

Cad La Dave
    from CA

Theo, you are gay. Thank you.

8. Rem

Rem

OK, I'll take four CB16 All Chrome Bar Discs - where do I send my $100?

I think I've got a set of the Calnevar Whitesides that clip onto early Ford wheels, here somewhere, in their original boxes, to trade. :rolleyes:

9. REM...did you notice that was 25.00 for a set of four?????