Register now to get rid of these ads!

15x8 wheels on a pickup?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NOT_SO_FAST, Nov 9, 2011.

1. NOT_SO_FAST

NOT_SO_FAST
    from IL

I had a set of '56 Caddy hub caps lying around and wanted to see how they would look on the truck (55 Dodge). I had a set of wheels that would also accommodate the deep dish of the hubcap,so I tried them out. To me it looks like they might stick out just a hair too much in the front (the rear won't be an issue once the bed goes on,the Dodge fenders are HUGE). Does it look ok or should I just scrap the idea?

Before:
    [​IMG]
    NOTE: In this picture it's wearing 15x7 steelies with 215/75 tires,looks fine now but once the stepside bed goes on they might look weird back there

& after:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hotrodchevy

hotrodchevy

dont look bad to me tires dont appear to extend past fender lip shouldnt hit I say if you like it itll be fine.

3. bigolds

bigolds

I guess it depends on whether you're gonna slam it or stay there....if you stay at that ride height, I personally think it looks great....if ya lower it, go wit the skinies!!!

4. NOT_SO_FAST

NOT_SO_FAST
    from IL

i'm just lowering the rear about 2 inches to level it out,not gonna be slammed or anything crazy.

5. wireburner

wireburner

I think it looks killer. My dad has a '51 Fargo up on an '89 Ramcharger frame with 33" mudders that stick out way past the fenders, which I think looks cool too.

6. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

I think it looks ok, you definitely wouldn't want them to stick out any more for what you have in mind. If you could find the same width rim with a little more backspacing for the front, even if its only 1/2", it'd be even better ...

7. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Long as you not lowering the front much more it will be fine. As far as the rear is concerned, the rear fenders on a step side box are wider then the front fenders.
    Picture of my 54 with 15 x 7 white spoke wheels. Notice the difference between the width of the rear as compared to the front. Gene

Attached Files: