Register now to get rid of these ads!

145 photos of customs/rods/racers one shop '40's & '50's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by memaerobilia, Dec 19, 2004.

1. memaerobilia

memaerobilia

For the newbies, I thought I'd let you know there are almost 500 images of wild customs/rods & racers (&race boats) plus lots of rare aviation art & memorablia-on my website..Over 145 images of cars & boats from my Dad's custom & race car shop with most from the 1940s and 1950s (Raceway Garage, In The Bronx) the website is:
    www.memaerobilia.com
    Would like to hear from anyone having any of these cars, today.

2. Fantastic site....!!

Can't believe I've never come across it before.

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Joe, Glad you found the HAMB! I had the pleasure of knowing Joe Sr. an East Coast Legend in things automotive, and it is great that you are carring on the family tradition. I still wish I had that 8 cylinger Bugatti engine that was cut into a four banger, and should have bought the Miller that suffered the same fate. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. memaerobilia

memaerobilia

Thanks 4ever4,
    There is a lot of British stuff on there. I still have the 1936 British Skirrow racer in my garage. Would not mind selling or trading it to someone in U.K. to bring to Goodwood. I think even the paint is original. It has never been modified or updated, so we felt it would be a shame to do a restoration of such an original car. Only one of the race cars we did NOT restore. Special J. A. P. racing engine with two magnetos and two carbs. 4 wheel drive with chain drive to front AND rear, certainly draws the crowds away from the Ferraris, on the rare occassions I show it.
    All the Sprint cars shown are 4-bangers...

5. Mart

Mart

Nice pics, some serious work going on there.
    Mart.