Register now to get rid of these ads!

105° outside

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by henry29, Jun 28, 2012.

1. fleetside66

fleetside66

That's a little steamy for a mid-west guy, so you have to put it in relative terms. I was in California about a month ago & drove from Laguna Beach to Desert Hot Springs the one day. When we left Laguna at about noon it was 69. When we arrived at Desert Hot Springs about 2-1/2 hours later it was 107. Phew...a bit of a shock for an east coast guy.

2. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

By the way it's 108* right now

Having the luxury of living in vegas...I don't.
    I hate it.

I'm in a steel building, its relentless. a few fans some wet bandanas and ice water in gallons.
    I'll refresh myself every once an a while with a wet rag, like an ice sponge bath.
    Still its tough to keep your head in the game

3. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

In my daily driver...
    [​IMG]

In my shop....
    [​IMG]

4. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Dude, I had a thermometer in my shop and i threw it away...It got depressing

5. cheveey57

cheveey57

Go to Vegas twice a year and one of the trips is during the summer in July. usually it's 120. Love it. I'll take that over 80 and the damm NY humidity. Plan is to move there in about 5 years.

6. Master of None

Master of None

I just drink a ton of water, take breaks often, and spew profanity's at anyone who asks " hot enough for ya"?

7. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

been beautiful weather in LA

8. Pretty hot here in Chicagoland. Im in the asphalt paving business so when I get off work I dont have any ambition to mess around in the garage.

9. I'd rather sweat a bit, than wrap up to stay warm...but I am also a skinny dude and staying warm is much harder than staying coo l :cool:

When its too hot to work, I cruise the TUB around to catch a breeze, probably since I own nothing with working A/C:eek:

Back out to the hot shop now to work:)

10. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

It was 102 here today...I've been outside all week working on the house to get ready for paint with my shirt off. I'm a krispy kritter.

11. henry29

henry29

still 102° at 8:00 maybe it's not going to cool off today.

12. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

My basement shop is 68 degrees. 104 outside. That's why I have a basement shop. It does drop to 60 in the dead of winter. So it's nice all year long. I do have tolerance for heat and cold, was cutting wood this a.m. when it was a cool 90 out.

13. yesterday mid 80s, low humidity....today 90s, high humidity...I did all my welding yesterday and stayed inside in the A/C all day....ditto tomorrow !!

14. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

15. Raining here in southern oregon.... Totally bizarre weather this year

16. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just be sure to hydrate and pace yourself. I don't care what it is, it's not worth gettin hurt from the inside out due to extreme heat. Then again, knowing it was gonna be like the doors to hell today, I primed the roadster body yesterday. Stuck with it until almost 9pm. That left me free today to, uh, work around the yard killin weeds, pullin trees and cuttin grass. I gave up about 7pm. Fuck them trees...

17. Edgrrrrr

Edgrrrrr
    from Kentucky

Henry, the heat wasn't bad here in Henderson until about 10:30 then it turned hot as hell. I was out in it building a 350ft privacy fence. Started to go sit in the cooler a couple times but the ice was already gone.

18. my barns built into the east side of a hill, stays nice and cool as long as i leave the doors closed.

19. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Middle 90's here and going up.One more 8 hr day.....

20. Kramer

Kramer

At least here, when it does hit 100 and above, and it will, it is a dry heat. What I can't imagine, is those temps with high humidity. And I hope I never do. Oh and I do have A/C in the garage, but rarely use it. (one of the perks of being an HVAC technician)

21. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Here in SW Nebraska it got so hot that corn farmers had all their corn pop in the fields. Then, to make matters worse, some cows saw all that white, thought it was snow and they froze to death!!
    Damn nasty weather.

22. Larry T

Larry T

You wouldn't happen to be a transplanted Texan, would you? :D

23. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

105 is nice it's hanging near 115 in my neck of the woods... lost of water and shade, you can cope

24. slammed

slammed

Loaded up on green tea, Hydroxycut and power washed Ag buildings 'till dark today. Baptized by fire in Oklahoma heat for 5+ years make's Iowa heat a breeze. But older fellows, I understand it wears you down quick. Someday, me as well. Eat clean, natural food when ever you can. We were not meant for junk/fastfood.

25. Kramer

Kramer

Damn, had to wipe the beer off the iPad.:D

26. Oh, yeah, the heat is on, and will be for at least the next 10 days. Last time we had this much heat this early was 1980, and this one is shaping up to be worse - earlier, drier, meaner. Got to get the block and heads in the molasses bath, though. Don't want to waste the warming action.

27. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

108 here today. Had to work in it. It was brutal!

28. ems customer service

ems customer service

but you have earthquakes to go with the cool ocean????

29. Lived in the SoCal Anza Borrego desert for a buncha years, it's 30 feet above Hell.

In the summer:
    Start before daylight, you don't notice the heat as bad as walking out into it later.
    Quit early afternoon, take a Siesta, go back out after sunset.
    Swamp cooler or a plenty big fan, use cross ventilation.
    Put a lawn sprinkler with a timer on your white garage roof.
    If you think you're thirsty or you're not sweating, get some water!!!
    Iced water quenches thirst the best.

30. Muttley

Muttley

I'm happy to report the weather in the Fresno area has been fairly decent so far early this Summer. Normally by this late in the year its so brutal outside jumping headfirst off a tall building doesnt seem like a bad option. Today it was "only" 95 and its actually supposed to cool down this weekend.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012