Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ‘47 dodge flathead

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wrench666, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Wrench666

Wrench666

Today my uncle gave me a running ‘47 Dodge flathead 6. Complete with the trans and driveshaft Now just have to figure out what to do with it. I’m thinking single seater for cruising as health will make it hard to drive motorcycles. So why not an open 4 wheeler. I think it will be a blast
    Andrew

chryslerfan55, Clay Belt and 31Dodger like this.
  2. Excellent! You can get hop-up parts for those.

Wrench666 likes this.
  3. Wrench666

Wrench666

Sweet. It runs great too.

4. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

I see you are in Canada. Your Dodge engine is a 228 cu in version of the larger engine normally used in DeSoto and Chrysler. It is a different block from the American 230 cu in Dodge. Just a heads up if you need to order parts.

They are a good motor, not hard to hop up. You can have a lot of fun with a light car with one of those.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Have fun and build something that has a overhead and replace with the flathead. Friend is building a Falcon for Bonneville that will be running a flathead part of the time

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Atwater Mike likes this.
  6. Wrench666

Wrench666

Thanks for the info. Never know where this will take me as far as build goes. The truck it came from is a WD-15. Think it’s American. I will get the casting numbers from it tonight or tomorrow.

7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Vive' la Difference'...

8. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Measure the head, 23 1/4" long it is American, 25" long Canadian. The Canadian engine is based on the DeSoto/Chrysler engine with smaller bore and stroke.

9. Wrench666

Wrench666

Will do. I’ll post my findings when I get them. I have the motor and trans stored at my dads right now. No room in my shop. Thanks again
    Andrew