Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone here from the Pharaohs ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Alfster, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Alfster

Alfster

My boss has just brought a '56 Pontiac which has just been imported into New Zealand. It has a Pharaohs club plaque and decals. We would love to get any info on the car or it's previous owner(s)

Any help would be appreciated.

2. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

pm me your e-mail addy and i'll get it to one members for you.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Alfster

Alfster

Thanks for the reply. I have sent you a PM

4. Aren't the Pharaohs really huge? You might post a pic, it might be faster.

5. Alfster

Alfster

I will see if i an get a pic.

The car is a pale yellow '56 Pontiac 2 door pillarless.

Came from Mondeso we believe.

6. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

the guys i know are north of san fran. ca.

7. Sean

Sean

8. Squarepants

Squarepants
    from Minnesota

First of all the Medesto boys are "Pharoahs" not "Pharaohs" those are two different clubs.

If the car has "Pharaoh" markings its not connected to the medesto boys . The Medesto Pharoahs are a very large club .
    The Pharaohs are each seperate but also there are many Pharaohs club all over the country and world .
    My self I belong to The Pharaohs of Minnesota and have contact with many other Pharaoh clubs in the states including the Medesto Pharoahs
    What does the plaque look like ?

9. Alfster

Alfster

I may have the exact spelling wrong. I will have to check with the owner.

The plaque is a standard size club plaque with just the word PHARAOHS (?) in an arc across it. The car also has small decals (I think in green) with Pharaohs on them.

The car is in getting some work done on it at the moment to comply with New Zealand road rules. I will have to get a photo.

Thanks for your help.

10. I'm Heading West to Modesto, Ca. in a day or so, and if it's the Modesto Pharoahs, then I could probably talk to them about the car and maybe get a contact for you.

I know they like to hang out at the Local A&W near my house from time to time.

PM Me the Pics of the car and info.

11. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

how many Pharaohs clubs are there,we have one here in mass.

12. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

13. Where's the Mass. one?

14. Alfster

Alfster

This is the plaque on the car.

Attached Files:

Speed Queen likes this.
  15. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Weird that a car would be sold with an actual club plaque. Most would never give away a plaque to a club they are actively a member of. Sounds like it was just a swap meet buy stuck on the car to '50s it up. Probably wrong, but it would be the first thing I took off it it was my car and my club.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

It was started in Dedham,at Belmonts rod & custom,by Bill Belmont,and Dick Morse,I am the pres of the club.

17. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I think Flamedabone had a mid 50's pontiac many moons ago and he is part of the club (thou do not know which spelling).

Like JimA, I find it hard to believe a club member would let his plaque go. They do make repops of them.

18. Squarepants

Squarepants
    from Minnesota

I would have to agree with JimA . Seems strange that a Pharoah would let his rod go with its markings. In our club The Pharaohs of Minnesota we never ever let a rod go with any Pharaoh markings EVER

19. Squarepants

Squarepants
    from Minnesota

Flamedabone is a Pharaoh out of St Joe Missouri

20. Squarepants

Squarepants
    from Minnesota

That is the spelling of the Medesto Pharaohs .. but doesnt look right .. Never seen a dragger unpainted ..(back ground) I sent an email to Ant the pres of the Medesto Pharoahs .Told him what type rod and if this looks like one of thier draggers

21. Squarepants

Squarepants
    from Minnesota

Hiboyroadsterboy , There are a crap load of Pharaohs cluba and Pharaohs clubs across the country . The Pharoahs are mostly west and south west . The Pharaohs are every other direction .I know of at least 20 Pharaoh clubs across the country not counting other countrys

22. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

My dad was part of the Fremont Pharoahs in the 1960's.

Mike

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  23. Alfster

Alfster

The plaque on the car has a black painted background.

I found the picture I used on the link supplied by Bullet Nose further up this post.

Yes, I do agree it is strange that the plaque was left on the car.

In our club the plaques are club property so we cannot sell them.

I have seen a copy of the California title and it says the owner was Rubino Joseph Eugene of San Jose.

The story I was told is that the buyer had to become a member of the Pharoahs to keep the club markings on the car. The new owner in New Zealand has also had to become a member(??) so the plaque and decals could stay on the car.

24. Squarepants

Squarepants
    from Minnesota

Seems strange that just buying a car could get someone into The Pharoahs or The Pharaohs . I know that all of the Medesto Pharoahs chapters have a rule that you cant join you must be asked . And the same goes for my club . Havnt heard back from Ant about the dragger or the car your boss bought . Ill let ya know

25. Still around. International, plastering the east. Let me know if any of you want your childhood dream to come true. I get ya contacts. Love to have ya . The above, unpaint draggers plate is one of ours, we don't let them roll with our car, they comeun painted, so you can custom paint, match your rides. Merry Christmas
    Aces card.jpg