Register now to get rid of these ads!

my 50 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cfish50chevy, Nov 26, 2005.

1. cfish50chevy

cfish50chevy

So I have a lot more done to the 50 now. She painted candy red with copper pearl and I have almost finished the front grill. I read that post on how to do the bending of the pipe with sand and a buck and got this on the first try! Helps that Im a bodyman but still very proud! I have decided to try something different so I am using 9 VW bug bumperettes for teeth and floating them using individual bracketes. The fit of the early bumperettes are sweet and the have a cool bulgeing bottom shape to them so they look very unique oh and there only $9.00 a piece brand new! Ill post more as they go in, and I hope you guys like the idea? I do!

Attached Files:

2. Chrome Shop Mafia

Chrome Shop Mafia

3. SleestakJones

SleestakJones

4. blown240

blown240
    from So-cal

I have a grille I made of VW bumperettes too. Here is a pic on my old car. Instead of mounting them indivudually, I mounted mine on a single bar that ran across the opening. But I think that mounted individually is much better. I actually have been thinking of putting them in my 51 since I still have them all.

Here's a tip. Put some car wax on them before you drive with them much. They pit easily.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. The way your Chevy sits reminds me of McPhail's when it was purple suede with the lavender top.

Great company to be in.......nice kar! E

6. cfish50chevy

cfish50chevy

Thanks, thats funny cause that was the car I saw that made me choose to buy this one! I have a pic of it on my wall in my office! "The Gapevine" I love that car!

7. cfish50chevy

cfish50chevy

That is so cool! guess I cant invent that look with those but I like to see it on yours! Gives me an idea of what to expect. Thanks for the tip with the wax, I have restored and customized VWs for about 8 years now and I know that the Brazilian chrome parts are crap! Not to mention that Im in Florida where if you take your pants off for an hour at night outside even your pecker will rust in seconds!

8. fastfrankie73

fastfrankie73

That looks cool, Where can you find those?

9. cfish50chevy

cfish50chevy

order them from a VW Trends or Hot VW mag. if you dont know where your nearest VW resto. shop is in your town.

10. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

nice clean look. :)

11. cfish50chevy

cfish50chevy

Hey low springs, I learned that front grill work with the tubing from you and you probably didnt even know it! It turned out perfect! Thanks for your info. posts I read it and followed that look with no broblems! Thats the joy of a good tech. article with pics! and hey do you have any finished pics on that 51? what did the tail lights end up as?

12. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

:eek: :eek: :D wow i'm glad that you where able to use the info i put up. i'm glad to see that it came out clean too with no problems.

that 51 belongs to Fonzi here on the Hamb. i believe that they will be in the bumper guards. he should put up progress pics. (hint, hint) he mentioned to me that it's almost ready to paint.