Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Car shipping. Shipping from Cleveland, Ohio to Orange County, Calfornia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B-Mac, Apr 28, 2014.

1. B-Mac

B-Mac
    from Dana Point

Hey HAMBer's - I'm looking at buying a car in Cleveland, OH and would need to get it shipped to Orange County, CA. I'm looking for some recommendations for car transportation companies. Prefer to use an enclosed trailer. The car does run, drive and brake. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks.

Brian

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. stitch in Ca.

stitch in Ca.

I have one in Ionia Mi. that needs to come to la too maybe we can get together on it

3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Now, that was fast!

4. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Intercity Lines is great. I have got some very reasonable east coast to west coast quotes from them. Super fast and reliable with tracking too. If you go to their website they will give you a quote. Remember, if you go with a smaller company, individual or especially a broker, always SEE proof of insurance for the truck driver, don't just take their word for it!
    You're insurance won't cover you when your vehicle is in a "for hire" carrier.

5. Look at the Hamb-o-dex and find a HAMBer to haul it. The guys I'm thinking of on here (can't remember their names off hand) seem to have a really good rep. Don't dick around with anyone else.

6. dshop

dshop
    from NC

I have used Passport Transport several times; reasonable rates, constant communication and overall great service.
    I agree with the GZ warning above to not use a broker, no matter how good it sounds; there have been stories of trailers left on the side of the road, delay after delay, added charges on delivery, etc. Go with the big guys and rest assured your shipment is in good hands. Peace of mind is a good thing when dealing with things valuable to you.
    Doug/ NC

7. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Search this site. There are several threads. The main problem with most transport companies is that you talk to a broker or maybe the front office, who make promises. Meanwhile the driver just wants to get paid, and does not give one single damn about your car.

A car I had shipped back in the 90s had a hole rubbed in the oil pan while going cross country. Driving it off the transport ruined the motor. Big hassle ensued.

BenD, Bill's and others in the HAMB-o-dex are the way to go to be sure.

8. Do (3) separate keyword searches on the HAMB
    using ' transport ' - ' haul ' - ' ship '

You might find a member headed your way with an empty trailer

Here is a guy headed in that direction if you can get
    the car to Des Moines, IA:

@ http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=877279&highlight=transport

There is also a Social Group:

@ http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=214

You can look for someone headed your way there or
    join & post what you need hauled ..... ;)

Jim

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  9. There are 3 quality transporters here on the Hamb, we are all located in the Hamb O Dex section: BenD, Racinman & myself. This is the place to find transport because you can see real feedback from other Hambers that have used our services. I will send you a P.M. with a price quote.

10. WortRod

WortRod
    from california

Racinman( Rick) hauled my deuce from Florida, prices right , great communication , and overall awesome experience

11. Not true .... :cool:

Some folks have been on here several years longer than you Bill .... :rolleyes:

And .....

Women are not " Bitches" and Children are not " Brats "

Recent HAMBer Hauls I have made:

[​IMG]

Jim

Attached Files:

• 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      270 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      255.2 KB
      Views:
    • 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      230.3 KB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      140.3 KB
      Views:
  12. I have edited this post, I decided I will stay above the garbage & just laugh to myself
    Bill

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

B-Mac - do your research and use someone from here. if you do not know the seller then you should fly out to see it. at least get someone to look at it for you and take lots of pics and info to send to you. just because price may be low now because of work needed that will add up to lots $$$ and time. pics can be very deceptive even if from an honest seller.

14. M1Lover

M1Lover

Do not hesitate to hire Bill. Not kidding. H

15. tkmartin5

tkmartin5
    from olean, ny

hi guys

im in need of a transport from Water town south Dakota to western ny just below buffalo. It sounds like we may be able to use the same guy and he could pick my car up on his way back to Ohio. Please let me know if this might help us all out with costs. my home email is [email protected] or text me at 1 716 244 3924 and i hope we can save us all a little money. thanks

kurt martin.

16. I'm looking for someone to pick up my 1940 coupe in, Galloway Ohio, outside Columbus, and take it to Farmington Utah, 20 min north of Salt Lake City... Any ideas?

Scott,

17. You can try the Hamb O Dex section as I stated earlier, but I will send you a P.M. this may fit well with one of my trips
    Bill