Register now to get rid of these ads!

New kid with a 48 buick roadmaster

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Dangileri, May 1, 2014.

1. Dangileri

Dangileri

Hey guys, my names Daniel Angileri, im a senior in high school. When i was younger, i was allowed on my bike from the telephone infront of my house, down the road to the "house with the car on the lawn" ( a few houses away) turns out that car was a work in project, starting around 1980, then my neighbor bought it around 85, at the time my neighbor was middle age. He kept the car road worthy until 92, running until 2004ish. As i started looking for a first car 2 years ago, i quickly got interested in a fix er upper. I ended up with a 93 c1500 (silverado) that was reliable enough. So now i wanted a project. I became friendly with my neighbor, and was able to convince him i was the right man to sell it too ( he has a deep emotional connection with 40s buick roadmasters- thats another story) i have since been trying to get it running and roadworthy again. Ive long known anout this site, and have spent many a night or class reading some threads. The only thing i can tell so far the buicks missing is the fender trim for the passengers side- but i will post that in another area

2. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Welcome to the HAMB!

3. Dangileri

Dangileri

Thanks patmanta! I have a question- im missing a piece of trim that goes infront of the fender skirt, where would i post this as to see if anyone knows wjere to find one?

4. BubbaG

BubbaG

Buick trim is hard to find. Believe me. I'm searching for my 55 Super.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Try up in the Wanted section, but make sure to only reply to guys with real posts up here on the HAMB. Every so often a wave of scammers make profiles and claim to magically have exactly what you need if you send them money first.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30

6. welcome aboard ....

7. creepjohnny

creepjohnny

welcome man! I had a 48 super and trim was very hard to find. I was missing fender skirt trim and ended up using plymouth spears instead. but good luck with it. feel free to ask questions!!

8. 51 Super

51 Super
    from Iowa

I have a 51 Buick Super. Luckily all the trim is there. If you do find some be ready to shell out some $$$.

9. Y I W O R K

Y I W O R K

Welcome from Seattle, WA I'm working on my dad's old 50 Roadmaster 320 myself. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1400904833.510359.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1400904863.331090.jpg

Post some pics of your car!

vince89 likes this.
  10. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Congratulations on your Buick, and welcome to the HAMB. You are getting good advice on looking out for scammers in the wanted ads. You might try Hemmings, and maybe cruise some Buick sites too. Show us some pics when you get a chance.

11. 50 Fastback

50 Fastback

Welcome from Chicago!