Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Sheet Metal in SE Wisconsin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luckythirteenagogo, May 2, 2014.

1. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Does anyone know of a good place to get sheets of 18 gauge steel in southeast Wisconsin? I live just over the Il/Wi boarder and so far the closest place I can find is PalSteel in Palmyra, a little more than an hour away, but I can get a 4x8 sheet for $45. There are plenty of place in Il, but for some reason their prices are almost double what they are in Wi. I don't mind making the drive if I have to, but I'm thinking there has got a closer place. Any help would be appreciated.

2. fuzzface

fuzzface

that is where I buy mine from but Pal Steel is local to me and we drink at the same watering hole.

3. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Look up speed metals not sure if they are cheaper. I think they are in New Berlin .

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. PJ1

PJ1

Try Speedy Metal in New Berlin. Visit on a Thurs and stop by Quaker Steak on way back to Hwy 43. They usually have a car show there.

5. indyjps

indyjps

Might check the hartford wi area, I know of 5 large fabrication businesses all in a 20 mile radius, they have to be buying steel somewhere

6. J53

J53
    from WI

Speedy Metals in New Berlin or Fickau Welding about 1 mile south of I43 in Big Bend. I try to go to Fickau to support the "little guy" but buy from both. Service and prices from both are great. Either one would be half the distance to Palmyra for you.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Thanks guys, I think I've got a few calls to make. Hell, I might even feel a sick day coming on.