Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I need help shipping...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by summersshow, Apr 25, 2014.

1. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Hello there, sorry guys I know I could look through the hamb o dex but Im not sure if that would help what I need done....

I have roughly 30 cars I need hauled from GA-Charlotte, NC... I need a price on how much to haul them... They are mostly 63-67 vettes non running ( a few do but most dont) some early novas (a 63 and a 65) and 1 or 2 others...

Only shippers im familiar are for 1 car at a time...

If your a shipper or know of one or 2 that could tackle this task please let me know...

Also a few semi loads of NOS parts but theyre already loaded in semi trailers....

I apologize if this is off topic but its hard to trust shippers anymore and I figure some one from the HAMB is the best place to start.

2. You already know the Hamb shippers are the guys to use.

I've used Rick (racinman),he has a open 2 car trailer and a closed trailer,plus Rick lives in the upstate of South Carolina conveniently located half way between the Hotlanta area & Charlotte.

But there are several guys listed that are trustworthy. HRP

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

"I know I could look through the hamb o dex" which seems to mean - but, I am too important to take the time to search this site when I can go to the front of the line by posting this thread to show I have a lot of cars.

4. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

I wish i had your problem 30 cars ////

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

This is America, you work hard and you can collect stuff, 30 spark plugs or 30 cars, you are free to have whatever makes you happy. Hope the original poster finds a reasonable hauler. Bob

6. Wow !

The Hamb haulers that i know of are single car guys, maybe a few parts too. Moving 30 inoperable cars one at a time would cost a small fortune don't you think? That's the way to go if you want a pristine car delivered in pristine condition for sure.

I'd check the local dealers and see if you can get a multi car transport that's empty and headed north. You should be able to get the trailers hauled easily but it won't be cheap especially if they aren't recently road ready trailers.

7. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

How true.

I only own a few very ordinary cars myself, and no where close to the high $$$ stuff the very well-heeled can afford.

But I don't have any right to all that; yet as an American I certainly enjoy the right to chase whatever dream makes me happy.

Also, it's funny, but I'd never heard the term "gold chainers" until I joined here. (I belong more in the "chrome Timex" category myself.)

Anyhow, it's easy to stir up chit. It's easy to promote hate, and the easiest is to promote hate against the wealthy and privileged.

It's much harder to come to grips with the reality of one's own limited budget in the face of all the cubic bling you see at car shows nowadays.

That's the thing that some HAMB'ers should probably remind themselves of from time to time: We're not here to hate on the more fortunate, the less fortunate, or those with questionable taste in automotive fashion.

IMHO, We're here to promote all the good things about this hobby, this profession, this undeniable passion for antique iron and forged steel.

You don't do that by being angry with those you envy, or envious of those you would sanction for being well-to-do.

8. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

One, short trip! DD

[​IMG]

9. trbomax

trbomax

Wow! I got tossed off of "Grage Journal" for less than that. With all those posts, you must know Ryan pretty well eh?

10. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Donate one of the vettes (non running ) to me and I will come and get it! I know its not a lot of help, but I tried. Gary

11. Someone pee in your Count Chocula this morning???:rolleyes:

12. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

gee and I was stressed moving 4 cars recently, this could cause some headaches

13. I'm thinking ass cramps- generating from the wallet

14. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Actually not at all... All the shippers I looked at were single car, so I was hoping someone knew someone with a semi to haul 6-8 at a time... They are not my cars but am helping someone buy a collection thats been hiding for over 20 years... Customer will be opening a shop in the Charlotte/Concord area which I am going to get started for him...
    Which will later be a now hiring add to work on Classics, antiques, and hot rods giving hambers first dibs...

So I thank you not to be a smart ass...

And HRP Ill see if I can find his contact info... Or could you pm me?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  15. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Heres a partial list... 3 63 split windows... 11 big block cars, 14 are 4 speeds...
    If its Hamb Friendly Ill upload some pics soon...

Guys I think I should have explained a little more... Not my cars... I couldnt even afford one... Im being a buyers agent and trying to get him a price on how much its going to be with cars and parts to his door ( or warehouse i guess.... lol)... I am by no means a wealthy person, but I do have a successful business and one of my customers is paying me to set him up like what I have...

I HAVE made an extra 30k in the last year which I am very proud of myself... But it all goes to my sons open heart surgery in July (he is 3)... So come July ill probably have around $5 to my name... and thats not a joke...

So I do appologize I was in too much of a hurry and didnt give enough details...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  16. You owe no one an apology, but someone does

17. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

A lot of assumptions flying today.

Not interesting.

Would love to see photos of classic COE haulers covered in old Corvettes though.

18. malibustevens

malibustevens
    from Illinois

Agreed, what a douche.

Good luck with everything op, wish i could help.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

ME TOO!!!! Any one got any in the area they would wanna make a run? Im building a 48 but its no where near ready to use. lol

20. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Can one just buy a used car hauler trailer for cheap , hire a rig, and then sell the trailer for really cheap?

21. There must be 150 multi carrier trailers just sitting across from the ford assembly plant here. Maybe they are other places too.

22. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

just my opinion, but if I had enuff $$$ to own all those classics, I'd just bite the bullet and hire Reliable. They have many trucks that could haul all in one CARavan.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Come on Jalopy Joker, how about you getting to the front of the line on an apology for this DUMB comment, you are not to quick to chirp up on this yet!!:confused::confused::confused:

24. kscarguy

kscarguy

25. Here's a shot in the dark... There is one ( or maybe several )large car auctions around Charlotte.. Adessa is one..Around Darlington SC there are several more.. I've seen multi -car haulers picking up and delivering vehicles there...and around to local used-car dealers here in town..If you're in Atlanta there should be tons of sources for muliti-car private haulers..
    I'd phone around to car-dealers(new and used),auction houses and get some names from them ...
    Just a thought
    Stan

26. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well put. You, sir, are a class act and a fine example.