Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jefferson Swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatford39, Apr 23, 2014.

1. flatford39

flatford39

This weekend is the Jefferson Wisconsin car show and swap meet. It runs Friday thru Sunday. I am only interested in attending the swap meet but can't spend three days up there. What is the best day to go to the swap. I am looking for some sheet metal for an off topic Chevy truck. Sunday may be the best day for deals but are there more vendors there on Saturday??

Haven't been up there in a number of years and I don't remember which day was better.

2. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I would say Saturday over Sunday. All of the professional vendors seem to bug out mid day Sunday. Sunday might be a good day for deals with the private sellers who really don't want to take anything home but by Sunday mid day everyone seems to be packing up. Friday is OK but a lot of people don't have Friday off and don't set up until Saturday morning. You just have to weigh your options.

3. Squablow

Squablow

Possible rain on Friday, and not everyone is set up yet. Lots of guys leave Saturday night or relatively early on Sunday, so Sunday is a good day to go in the morning but if you've only got one full day, Saturday is your day. That's what we're doing.

4. Dizzie

Dizzie

I will be vending on Friday and Saturday. I pack up and go home Saturday evening. The real buyers are there Fri. or Sat. Sunday everyone wants everything for nothing. Not worth my time.

5. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

I would say Saturday is your better of the three days

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Saturday. We set up Friday and pack up Sat afternoon. Sundays was always wasted time.

7. I've been going to Jefferson for 30 + years, Spring and Fall. It has gotten so overrun with rummage sale crap and 4X4 stuff I'm about done making the trip. That said, the best swap day has always been Saturday. Good luck, I hope you can find what you need.

8. Only a 20% chance of rain Friday. Clear Sat. 30% Sunday. Heavy rain turns it into a SWAMP meet.

9. Due to Jeannes health problems ..no Kellys Hot Rod parts at spring Jefferson this year...I may however be searching for custom bumpers for my 47 on my own.....

10. big bad john

big bad john

I:ll be vending Fri and Sat.....Got about 70% car stuff.....WC 89-93....always have a good time...talking to fellow Hambers

11. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Don't forget all of the newer 80s and up junk. Hard to find any older stuff but there are hidden treasures to find. Any way, it's a good time to just walk around, grab a brat and soda followed by a tiger bar or two.

[​IMG]

12. TwistedMetal

TwistedMetal
    from Wisconsin

Last fall Jefferson gates didn't open until 10 on Friday for vendor setup. Saturday is 6am I believe

13. Dizzie

Dizzie

I sell mostly parts from '30's - '60's cars and trucks. I only haul what will fit into my Silverado pickup. My grandson will have a $1 table, so stop by and see if you can find something to buy from him. We will be at WH 132-133.

14. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

stop in the car corral and say hello

15. flatford39

flatford39

Thanks everybody. You talked me into Saturday. See you then.

16. No argument there my friend. I enjoyed it for many years and if I get another project to do I'll be there when the gates open, now that my roadster is done I just can't get excited to drive the 100 miles, although I did enjoy seeing Bob ( bobwop ) in the car corral, and Kelly ( Kellys Hot Rod Parts ) and hanging out the last couple of years.

17. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

Make sure to stop by ww122.

Tad

18. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

hope to see you Tad

19. going fri looks like the best day. i always find good stuff there. it simply amazes me how much i haul out of there every year. i can't wait to get my fill of under cooked hot dogs and kens big bars.

20. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

My son and I will be there Sat morning. We will have a list of stuff we will be looking for, as usual. Sometimes we find some of the stuff on the list, sometimes we find everything on the list, and sometimes we don't find anything on the list. Then there are times we bring home stuff that wasn't even close to being on the list.

Its a nice morning drive, a great breakfast at Sandbur restaurant in Broadhead, lots a walking and searching for our treasures, don't forget the Big Bar. Its all about the hunt, and getting out of the house for a Man's day out. If i stayed home, my wife would find something for me to do. :eek:
    Gene

21. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

good attitudes Brian and Gene.

hope to see you today

22. Already found something and the gates dont open for another hour. Scored a steel flywheel for my kids super bee. Its a new center force sfi rated 125 bucks.

23. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

best deals are Friday afternoon. Weather is perfect get out there!

24. finn

finn

My legs hurt already
    Seems like a good turnout.

25. sadsack

sadsack

if it is raining watch the parking lot
    sadsack

26. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

good weather today

supposed to be good tomorrow.

good until late day on Sunday

27. 32fenderless

32fenderless

My first time there this year. Opening the spectator gates at 10 makes it a bit of a madhouse in the beginning. Found a pair of early van seats for my willys pickup for $5.

10 hour drive round trip but well worth it

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Is the ground dry, or are there mud holes? We got a bunch of rain here (about 90 miles south) Thursday, so the ground here was a bit on the muddy side, wondering if its that way up there? Trying to decide if I need work boots or if i can get by with tennis shoes.

My son and I are ready! We've got a few coins jingling in our pockets, and the alarm is set for 5:15! Breakfast stop is 6, and we should be at the gate by 7:45. Were looking for a motor (big block Mopar), seats, wheels & tires, a rear bumper for an off topic truck, a few Kent Big Bars, and fun in the sun at Jefferson! EEEE HAAAA! :D Gene

29. grounds are mostly dry. i only saw one rb engine a cast crank engine. a friend of mine bought a 331 hemi complete for 500. i will not be going tomorrow. i will be on the hopper due to the half cooked hot dogs. they don't spend much money on them. the big bars were great like always. seems like some regular vendors are not here this year. the place looks more and more like a flea market ever year. still i go and find stuff.

30. Well, it's only Friday nite and I already regret not going. I'm working all weekend but I'll see you guys in fall.