Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '30 roadster rear corner repair

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john walker, Apr 18, 2014.

1. john walker

john walker

does anyone make a proper fitting rear lower corner patch piece that isn't a piece of junk? seems all the suppliers get them from the same place.

2. john walker

john walker

3. I used a couple of those corners on my coupe. Several comments on the internet said that Ford did not make all of the corners on their cars the same so these replacement corners will not fit perfectly on many cars. On my car I found that 2 out of the 3 molded reveals fit pretty good. A little pie cutting allowed for alignment of the third. It was a lot better than making a repair from scratch. Like all patch repairs, use as little of the patch as possible. Doesn't really answer your question, but maybe that is the best quality you can get.

4. I used a couple on my coupe also,lots of slicing and dicing.
    The supplier states as the bodies where built at many plants the moulds/dies were all different,bullshit excuse I reckon as my replacements were miles out!!There may of been slight differences but not this much.I would of liked to get some original qtr bits but impossible down here.
    As said,still easier than starting from stratch and not real expensive.

5. john walker

john walker

yeah, i got 2 pairs to hopefully make one set. slice-n-dice is the plan.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

poorly fitting patch panels seems to be the norm no matter what company you deal with.

7. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

If ya think repop panels for ABombs suck, try and order ''factory'' Ferrari or Alfa Romero sheetmetal:eek::D