Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 Tudor Father/Son Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gearhead64ac, Dec 28, 2012.

1. gearhead64ac

gearhead64ac

As summer usually goes its hard to find time to work on the hot rods, but last week I was able to get a few nights in on the wiring, dash and steering. Excuse the birds nest. Promise its much more tighty under the dash, as you can see from the gauge cluster. Went with the American Autowire Highway 15. Great piece. Excellent quality and detail. Also got the plumbing done for the AC. She is about 3-4 solid nights away from firing up for the first time. Here are a few cell phone pics. SLR shots to follow once I upload from camera. Enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. leadsled deluxe

leadsled deluxe

3. No updates in several months,I hope this car hasn't been push over in the corner. HRP

4. gearhead64ac

gearhead64ac

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the long delay. The project has taken a back burner after purchasing my new home. But we are back on with this build. As you can see above, some good progress has been made. The car will be brought to my house this weekend with full fenders and final wiring before going for interior. I will supply pictures this weekend and provide full updates to the work. Cheers

5. What's the story on the grill insert?,,Looks similar to a Pines Winterfront but it doesn't appear to have articulating grill bars. HRP

6. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Wow what a thing of beauty. Looks like we are going to have twin sedans.

7. gearhead64ac

gearhead64ac

HRP My dad had the piece made by a guy he met at Columbus last year who added the bar to mimic the style of the Pines grill on his car. He kinda liked the look we he made us a rough cut one. We got the fitment real nice but not sure if we are going to keep it on the car. Right now its painted silver, which blends with the grill nicely. Thinking about painted it body color to add some definition and make it pop.

hotrodA likes this.
  8. gearhead64ac

gearhead64ac

The summer has been very productive on getting the car finished up. All body panels mounted, final wheels chosen (american rebel) and test miles starting to add up. So far very few issues to address. Planning on a solid month of testing it out before heading to the interior shop.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410961283.311848.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410961303.661983.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Nice... looking good!

10. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

I LIKE IT! Thanks for the updates. (Hope mine turns out as nice.)

gearhead64ac likes this.
  11. Southfork

Southfork

What can you tell us about the rear end in your Tudor? Obviously GM, but which one, and ratio?

12. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Gearhead64ac: how about doing a short tech article on your woodgraining process...paint materials used, graining techniques etc.. Looks really good. I know that there are probably other threads on woodgraining but a refresher is always appreciated.

Also, I realize I'm WAY BEHIND the curve on this build but I would have had a hard time tearing the car apart in the first place. The car looked killer in your "as purchased" pics. Fixing some needed things but not a overhaul like you've done. But I really like beaters so my tastes run to the worn and faded.

In any event...very nice car and job well done.

13. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

Great looking car,nice choice on the wheels.

14. gearhead64ac

gearhead64ac

Southfork. As we purchased the car with the current rear in it, I don't know much besides the obvious of it being a 10 bolt GM unit. I believe it is late 2nd gen camaro, non-posi. Gears are pretty low. I would say 3:08 or 3:43. Leaf springs set up is early Posi, which rides amazing.

15. gearhead64ac

gearhead64ac

gearheadbill, The woodgrain and all prep work for it was done by a restoration ship in Michigan. I cannot recall the name at this time, but I can surely gather it if you are interested. He really hit it the look we were going for on the head.

To tell you the truth, I was happy with the car as we purchased it myself, but the build kind of snowballed.

16. gearhead64ac

gearhead64ac

We have since added brushed spinners, which really finish the look nice. Thanks for looking!