Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1954 Chevy dome light wiring

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54FISH, Apr 18, 2014.

1. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anyone know where the wires get connected to on the 1954 sedan dome light ? I know power from headlight switch , I know door jamb switches complete & break ground , but does anyone know where the wires connect onto the bulb side & to the switch side of dome light . Lots of confusion on how this works on other forums . My schematic is not clear enough to understand thanks again & have a great holiday all

2. K204DR

K204DR
    from Chatt TN

typically dome lights get power all the time, and the door switches ground it to turn it on. guessing it works the same way.

3. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

4. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks very much !!!

5. Orange hot all the time to dome lite. White to door jamb and headlite switch. Dome lite has a two element bulb. Headlite is a ground also. Orange comes from dash harness. Headlite switch has a ground lug at the reostate. The door switches make the ground.

6. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for that , worked out perfect !!! Thanks to all !!

7. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

I drove around for YEARS without a working dome light. Even replaced the socket, but I could never figure out why it didn't work. Then one day, for some other reason, I was pulling fuses to find a bad one and BOOM! My dome light came on! :D

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!