Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Where is this '56 Bel Air?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Never2old, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

Well my first thread apparently in the wrong forum, so it was deleted.

I am trying to locate a car my big brother built in the late 50s.
    It was or is, if it has survived, a '56 Bel Air two door hardtop.

He had some really tasteful custom touches done to it that I've not seen since. The work was done in Kaminishi's Body Shop in Gardena Ca.
    He shaved and peaked the hood and frenched in '57 Packard taillight lenses. The gas fill was moved to inside the trunk. The trunk was also shaved.
    When last seen it was painted lime green metallic.

I'm curious where this car is today and I'm sure he would be too.

2. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

It's tough to find previously owned tri fives. They change hands so many times and get several hundred different paint jobs, engines and modifications along the way. Hope ya find it!

3. The chase is the fun part. There is a business in Gardena called Kamanishi Auto Services, it is very likely related to the body shop business from the 50's since Kamanishi is not a real common surname and it is in Gardena. Try calling the owner(s) and verify if there is a connection and see if you can talk to any of the elders of the family to see if they might know of the car. Sure it is a long shot, but I have found a lot of cars by chasing every possible lead I found. Persistance pays off, it may take a while but dont give up.