Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Holy crap... That sucked!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Tried to log on earlier when you were down for the count, couldn't so I went out in the shop and actually did some work. I'll still send you fifty bucks this December, I'm sure that's a load off your mind.

2. I slept right through it, an upside to working 3rd shift.

3. Mojo

Mojo

Wait till the server gets cryptolocker. That's a fun one.

4. Huh, how bout that. Here i thought you were doing something funky to the site. Like a tattoo category or something.Glad it's all good.

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened. " Obi-Wan

6. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

...just don't fuck with the new 'Mother Nature'....

7. When you mentioned "acid", I thought you might have been on a Hendrix binge....
    I had to go work outside to get through it all....
    "your killin me smalls".
    All is right with the world now ;)

8. Did the blackout have anything to do with the huge update to the Hamb we keep hearing about? HRP

9. LAROKE

LAROKE

There are only two kinds of days - There are some good days. The rest are character builders.

10. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

No worries Ryan. I believe most of us are in for the long haul. Just hang in there. Most friends don't mind a bitch session occasionally, and you haven't reached your quota.

11. stimpy

stimpy

so who tripped on the patch cables ???? I was alseep so I didn't get to go thru a period of trying to figure out what to do . car is not home and garage cannot be cleaned out till it quits snowing and another O/T vehicle is sold off to clear the way .

12. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

You know, the weird thing was, my screen was white letters on a light background while viewed on Internet Explorer...and when I switched over to AOL, it was normal. :confused:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. Ryan , do like i do when that damn 56 buick special station wagon gets to me when working on.Pour your self a stiff one and take a half hour cat nap.It really helps lol.Bruce.:cool:

14. Ryan............how about a simple "Thank you" from all of us.

15. oldcars.acadia

oldcars.acadia

Thanks Ryan. Explored The Garage Journal and The Ford Barn; hadn't been there before!! Thanks for all you do.
    Bob

16. Whew, Glad to see everyone back up & rollin down the interweb like normal.
    I actually had to do some extra work yesterday afternoon instead of getting to poke around the HAMB on company time... it was awful!:D

Thanks again Boss for giving us computer drivers a place to dream about some of the good things: the smell of race fuel, burning rubber & roar of a Hemi on the open road... all while sitting behind our desks.

17. RYAN! You allways do an excellent job. If things never go wrong you are not doing anything. Have a better day boss.

18. No worries. I wondered what was going on with the HAMB yesterday though. All of a sudden it looked pretty strange. I was thinking it was a browser issue or I had slipped through a tear in the fabric of reality.

19. Well the beaner doesn't say it excactly like that but it does happen. ;)

Ryan looks to me like you caught a wave that was a little bigger then it looked, but it tubed nicely, you recovered, shot the tube and now its all grinning and acting like you planned it that way. ;)

You done good, sorry it was a pain in the place where poop comes from but you done good my friend. :cool:

20. Some people appreciated that the HAMB was down.. Take my wife... please! HEY OH, *rimshot* :)

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It wasn't all bad, I got three brush piles moved to the burn pile, moved the 48 into a different spot, moved the sailboat around between the sheds so I can work on it and moved one of the cabs for the redo on my truck out where the sailboat was then moved the engine and frame for my roadster to where I can start making the semblance of a car out of the pieces. The bad part was I think climbed in and out of the truck I was using to move stuff 100 times yesterday.

22. News Flash >> Announcement >> "On Monday, April 14, under circumstances that have yet to be explained, worldwide productivity of hot rodders went up 300%".

23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Over time I've gravitated to HAMB as my choice of Internet browsing for about 90% of the time I'm online. So obviously I enjoy it.
    Mention has been made in this thread about white lettering on a grey background, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!!!!!! Some of the magazines are now doing this BS and it makes it tough for my old eyes to read. It's relieving to know others have the same problem.
    Seems to be some kind of new style of printing and it is also filtering over into the email newsletters I receive on other, unrelated subjects.
    This forum has been a great source of information, advice from others with first hand experience at things I've wanted to do, and just general entertaining reading on a subject I can relate to and have lived in all my 76.5 years,
    PLEASE, DON"T FUCK IT UP FOLLOWING SOME TRENDY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  24. I didn't miss it being down at all:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

25. Wow that's primitive, we play Russian Roulette with a glock 9mm at my house. :eek:

End of the day we are making jokes about the HAMB being down on the HAMB. It just doesn't get any better then that.