Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 32 ford stanchion

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by chrisp, Apr 13, 2014.

1. chrisp

chrisp

I'm collecting parts for a 32 rpu that I'm gona build from a 1/2 2dr sedan that I got for free. I already shortened the doors to stock rpu length with flat door tops, when I get the time I will build a stock rpu rear cab.
    I don't like at all the rpu windshield, I don't want the roadster stanchion either so here's my question: has anybody ever fitted the 33-34 stanchions on a 32, are the compound of the 2 cowls really too different so it can't work or just a little trimming will do? I guess my other option would be to weld both pieces of a 32 stanchion to make it one piece but I like the simple smooth and slimmer look of the 33 better.
    I know I will never drive with the windshield down: you need goggles, earplugs and when you reach a certain speed rain drops actually hurt, ask me how I know :rolleyes:

2. TV

TV

My son and I made a set using 32 bottoms and 36 tops welded together. Putting these together lays the posts backward a little and lowers the height about 2 inches. After welding we dressed these and had them chromed, they came out very nice.--TV

3. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Study the build by NealinCa on here, he started with the remains of a 32/34 pu cab and built a great rpu. Good stuff.

4. chrisp

chrisp

I did follow Nealinca build at the time, it's in my favorite but the windshield is still looking too squarish for what I'm after.
    I did read about the 32-36 hybrid somewhere on the Hamb when I was searching (I believe from a Ctaulber thread), and I really like it but that means using 2 sets of stanchions that are impossible to find here in France, even in the US I don't think 36 stanchion are an easy find. Which leaves me with the aftermarket option.
    Anyway thanks for the leads.
    Anybody with 33/34 stanchions on a 32 infos?