Register now to get rid of these ads!

Plasma/torch cutting table

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THE CUT MASTER, Mar 17, 2013.

1. I purchase a plasma tracer from the hamb member that sells them, and now i want to make a table with the slats like a cnc table but to use with the tracer i was thinking a 4 x 8 foot please post your tables so i can get ideals

2. mgermca

mgermca

Hi TCM, I recommend you add a floor to the table and make it a 'wet' table. The water will absorb the majority of the smpke and dust. Keeps the shop a little cleaner and is better for your lungs too.
    Mine is a home made cnc table but you get the idea in the first and last 2 minutes of the vid clip I made... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r2uEDIiOGo

3. spooler41

spooler41

Years ago ,I made a 2'x3' cutting table using a piece of industrial deck grate in a angle iron frame with 1 1/2" sq. tube legs. I've gotten a lot of use from that piece of equipment
    for a long time.

....................Jack

4. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

I'll try to grab some pics and post up real soon.

I have a water table and it is very nice and keeps it where I can still be in the shop with the heat on in the winter and not exhaust out all my heat!

I have an angle iron shear and I built a stop and just fed pieces of 1.5"x1.5"x.125" angle into it and had it shear them off at 3" long. Then, I tacked the top and bottom of each of them to my water pan sides. Basically I let them sit on the pan floor and had the butt of the angle facing outward so they formed a I> shape. I used a 10 guage spacer and quickly burned them in all the way down the inside of the pan on both sides. Then you can place your 11 guage slats in the place where you spaced the angles apart.

Also an easy solution to keep the rust down in your water table is to use a mix of water and baking soda. Forgot the ratio, but if you mixed one of the small boxes of soda with 5 gallons of warm water and dumped it in with the remaining 75 gallons (guesstimate) it works out pretty well.

5. nice set up but too high tech for me the table is going to stay outside

6. Mine is bar grateing like mentioned above but its only 3x3

7. 39 Ford

39 Ford

Find a flat inlet casting and make a frame. A contractor who does road work will have a scrap pile of old castings.

8. I should be able to tomarrow. Its also portableish. Kinda like the new miller table

9. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I am building a CNC plasma table 4 X 8 using a no sleep studio Shop droid gantry kit. and CandCNC bladrunner electronics. As mentioned a water table is the only way to go for indoor use. I do not have much as far as pics goes As I am still waiting on some parts and have not been able to work on the table much lately.

10. Sorry I got sidetracked with snow removal. Ill try befor work tomarrow

11. These are pics of how Plasmacam does their table. The pieces interlock ad create grating. Google Images can give you countless pics of CNC tables.

12. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

What apprximate size squares would they be???

13. RPM

RPM

We have the PlasmaCam set up in our shop. Those squares are about 6x6. We have it in a small 20x20 building with a big exhaust fan that sucks all the dust and smoke right though the wall.

14. Three Widow's Garage

Three Widow's Garage

I built a tracer arm and table for my plasma, it's around 30" x 60" and uses 1 x 1/4 flat strap on edge about 1" apart and has a funnel shape underneath so the slag ends up in a metal bucket. The cross bars just sit in slots so they can be replaced when they get cut up. Works well for hobby use most parts are small enough that a table 30" x 30"would have been big enough. The few large pieces I have tried to cut didn't work to well - template or material shifting ended up just marking them out and cutting freehand. In a real shop a full sized table with water would be the way to go
    but add the cnc also.

15. 1934coupe

1934coupe

This is an overhead router table that I was going to convert to a flame/plasma cutter but decided to sell it.

Pat

Attached Files: