Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical I need some help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bpileggi, Apr 3, 2014.

1. bpileggi

bpileggi
    from Chicago

I'm currently looking at a 1961 chevy apache 10 short bed, to buy, and I don't know how much is too much to pay... Can anyone help me out?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Sure. I'd pay $19,684.99 tops. Not a penny more.

I hope that helps

3. bt34

bt34

Would it not depend on color ?? :p

4. Well obviously we're talking about a blue one with a big block 4spd.

5. k9racer

k9racer

At this time I am Paying 12 dollars and 50 cents per 100 lbs.. So less than 500 dollars.

6. jeta12

jeta12

A red one would be more I think....

7. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

A few more details and possibly pics will stave off the sarcasm and you may get some real advice.

8. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

A buffalo hide, a repeating rifle and a bottle of whiskey, tops.

9. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Are you looking for a project or something ready to ride? Something stock or modified?
    What is your comfort level with performing mechanical repairs/upgrades/bodywork/paint/
    interior work? Looking at completed sales on e-bay for trucks close to what you want may
    give you a starting number, but remember that they usually look better on line than in
    real life.

10. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Re-sale red definitely more. :D Without details your not going to get a accurate estimate of worth. Geography, availability, condition are all factors to take into consideration. Auction sites are not reliable in my opinion. I would do research for your area of like vehicles to get a feel for what they are going for.

11. mechanic58

mechanic58

Damn, that's pretty good money right there. I think the last time I hauled a load across the scales they only paid me about $6.75/100lbs and I thought that was good. lol

12. gpohl6

gpohl6

An old airplane building friend told me once, never comment on whether or not you think a guy's wife or girlfriend is pretty or the color of the paint job on his airplane. Your answer may be hidden in that advice!

13. I just love these opening lines. Tells ya way more about them than they want us to know. F.M.G's what would we do without them?
    The Wizzard

14. I think we scared him away.

15. mickeyc

mickeyc

Hey man if you are that unsure or do not know about modified vehicles etc. get some one who does to go take a look at the vehicle. Also some pics would get you a better response here. Be aware that the early Chevy trucks first independent suspensions used a torsion bar set up that is expensive to rebuild.

16. bpileggi

bpileggi
    from Chicago

Sorry guys I'm just new at this. But it has a good body one little rust spot on the door, has a 350 with a 4 speed trans, runs and drives good, new rims and tires.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Pics, Man...pics!!!!

18. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

I paid $300 for this '64... Rebuilt engine, 6 cyl 3 on the tree... but sold it in 2 days for $1000...

They are becoming expensive trucks... Theyre not there yet, but I think they will be soon.

Whats he asking for it?

Attached Files:

19. Damn!!! Looking at your photos just makes me Sad. Sad in so many ways.
    The Wizzard

20. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

And why so?

I bought that truck at an auction just to keep it away from 2 guys that were going to crush her...

Sold for $1000 than did some work on it for the Guy... Looked like this when it left... I just posted those pics to give a value....

This Truck had about 6k in it...

Attached Files: