Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello F.N.G. from Iowa

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Bucky685, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Bucky685

Bucky685
    from Dubuque,IA

Hello all.

I'm from Dubuque,IA. I am a mechanical designer (Cadd drafter) for a day job.

I am building a 1974 Honda CB360 Hardtail Bobber. Hope to have it done this spring. I enjoy all hot rods from "rat" rods to shiney trailer queens, to everything in between.

I have recently picked up pinstriping. I have been doing it for about a month. Enjoying it everytime, and getting a little better everythin

Attached Files:

2. carmak

carmak

Welcome to the HAMB from an Iowan Design Engineer. What cad system do you run?

Carmak
    Riverside, Iowa

3. Bucky685

Bucky685
    from Dubuque,IA

Thanks.

I used Solidworks, AutoCAD & AutoDesk Simulation CFD 360

4. carmak

carmak

I would have guessed your images looked like Solidworks. I used ACAD full time about 15 years ago but since then I have run Pro-E/Creo. A coupld people here run Solidworks and love it.

Do you have your whole bike modeled?

Carmak

5. modelacrazy

modelacrazy

I have no idea what you guys just said but welcome aboard!lol Nice work by the way

6. Bucky685

Bucky685
    from Dubuque,IA

I used Pro-E in college, but haven't used it since. I have been using different cad programs from the last 13 years. Those were rendered in the Solidworks Photoview 360.

I do not have the whole bike modeled, just the 2d side view. I have modeled various components that I am making for the bike.

7. Bucky685

Bucky685
    from Dubuque,IA

Thank you!

8. Hello and welcome from Des Moines!

9. welcome to the board ...

cool projects ....

10. out plowing

out plowing

Welcome from Waverly, IA

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. iarodder

iarodder

Welcome aboard from Newton......

12. Lowrders

Lowrders
    from DUBUQUE IA

Sweet bike, welcome to the board. Who is this? I'm from Dubuque, do you know Garrett? you guys should get together and stripe some crap, you're not too bad at it! Keep up the good work!
    I'm Tim Then. I have the car in my sig, check it out, im sure you've seen it

13. Bucky685

Bucky685
    from Dubuque,IA

My name is Tim Buchholtz. I do not personally know Garrett, but i know a few people who know him. My co worker who is doing my welding is Andrew Courtney, not sure if you know him..

Thank you, I am trying to get better every time. Here is where my bike stands currently. I need a few things done yet, and then it is off for powder coat. Hopefully going to have it done by Torquefest. I got bored and striped my tank. Even though i'm going to have it powdercoated.

Attached Files:

14. Master of None

Master of None

Welcome from Rockwellcity,Ia.

15. hallrods

hallrods

Welcome from Wisconsin