Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects my 63 country sedan airride install

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pride63, Oct 8, 2012.

1. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

my buddies 64 is almost as low as this and all it has is blocks and cut coils.

2. pride63

pride63

Lol I would never get over the speed bumps on virtually every rd in every city and every petrol station in England if I couldn't lift it up as I approach . The ride is also much better than cut coils IMO.

3. pride63

pride63

Front suspension on drivers side collapsed on Saturday , this is what I found .[​IMG]
    photo by mark & anne's photos, on Flickr
    Drivers side control arm
    [​IMG]
    Passenger side control arm
    [​IMG]
    Drivers side shockwaves mount
    [​IMG]
    Passenger side shockwaves mount
    Fitted as the instructions stated word for word .If you think about it this was bound to happen without reinforcing the lower wishbone as the style of these suspension units concentrate the spring and the damper on 2 x 8mm holes but in factory form the spring is a separate unit and the damper Is the ony part fixed to these holes. Email sent to them explaining .the control arms are being beefed up as I type this .

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  4. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Looks really good!

5. pride63

pride63

Basically it's my fault for using the original control arms, they are supposedly sending me a new trunnion to replace the broken one
    If only they had mentioned that my control arms may not be strong enough for the kit the designed for my car . Several people have been in touch on here, other forums and Facebook that this is a fairly common occurrence with these big cars and Ridetech are aware of this . you live and learn .

6. pride63

pride63