Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brought home my model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mjcat, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Cusco

Cusco
    from Europe

+1
    :)

2. mike bowling

mike bowling

before and after( only 3"). I had a coupe I didn't chop, then got a tudor sedan and wacked that 3" and really liked the way it looked. Hemmed and hawed about chopping this one cause the top part of the body was really nice, but all my gearhead/ hot rod friends kept at me. One Sunday when the Drags got rained out, went home and three hours later....:eek: Pictures are backwards, but you get the idea. Good luck whatever you decide. Mike from Mass. Check out the post on here(fairly new) all pictures of "A" coupes, chopped in sequence from 2" to 6 or 7. COOL post - the visual is right on.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  3. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

I vote unchopped on this car. it looks killer as is. maybe change the air cleaner and drive the hell out of it. I agree, it is nice to see a unchopped A at shows these days.

4. brady1929

brady1929

Nice coupe. I normally vote for a chop, but I would leave this one alone.

5. hammer bowling

hammer bowling

No chop, looks good.

6. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

i agree with this! piss on changing it all aorund. drive the wheels off it for a while. get the feel of it. Do you want to be roomy or be couped up? a 3-4" chop would look sharp as hell. My coupe i left tall and i love it that way.. that car looks good tall..
    as far as the fuel tank, why do you want to move it?? it functions fine up front.. to me pulling up to a gas pump and seeing the weird looks from people when you put gas in the cowl, is soooo worth leaving it there! and as far as the deck lid, i has though about making my car a trunk when i first started building it, i never got that far and im kinda glad i didnt. People always seem to love the rumble seat. its like they think its rare or something. :)