Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest I'm devastated. Bad bad news.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rickybop, Jan 16, 2014.

3. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Rick,

Thanks for contacting me and letting Shawn and I know of Sandy's passing. As you know I'm not on here much anymore and if I were I would have replied sooner. I just read this entire post and found myself laughing and crying. Although we have only met once Shawn and I both felt a true friendship towards you and Sandy. Our time we spent sitting in the barn shooting the shit and talking cars was great and will not be forgotten. I can still see Shawn and Sandy laughing at us as we sat in your hudson taking an imaginary spin around the block!

Talking with you on the phone tonight,when you told me about takin the s10 out for a test run or two, and spinnin doughnuts on the road made me laugh and think about watching you make the lap around the barns when we dropped it off to you. You know, that is probably where Sandy got her driving antics from when she brought that ol ford out to the barn!!! No words can express how Shawn and I feel right now Rick, and we truely do not know how you feel, but we do understand. Remember all of the time you had with Sandy, cherrish the memories, and lean on your friends when needed. Keep up the faith Sandy will want you to keep. Continue on as Sandy would want you to. Keep in touch as we want you to. Let us be here for you as we want to be. Rick, as I told you on the phone, hang in there. The hurt will never go away, the emptiness will not be filled, but with time it will become more acceptable. It doesn't really get easier, we just learn to understand that God works in mysterious ways, and at the end of our days it will all be good again. Please keep in touch my friend, we will be here. With love brother.

GOD SPEED Sandy, REST IN PEACE.

4. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

This goes out to all of the hambers who have sent their thoughts, prayers, condolences, etc. to Rick during this time. I would like to be able to personally thank each and everyone of you individually, but I'm going to have to do it this way! All of the replies have really helped Rick. Believe me when I say, he truely appreciates it. The overwhelming support from the HAMB community has been awesome. I know he has said thank you many times in this thread, I just wanted to add another huge THANK YOU to you all. Rick and Sandy had a love that very few will ever experience. It was everything and to those who met them it showed each and every minute. They are good people. This world would be a much better place if more people were like them. Thanks again everyone, you are all good people. BLESS YOU ALL.

Sincerely,
    Al Larsen
    a.k.a. 333 Half Evil

5. I think you might need a dog to help releive some of the grief and also to have a new friend close to home tha will help repair your heart! Jus sayin!

6. Good morning Rick,
    You know, a pet is a good idea if you don't already have one. Totally up to you. I seem to remember a dog in one of your pics ?? I have a cat & she is tons of company. I'm never alone in the house and that is where I like to be every evening. It's quite and it is where I have so many memories of my gal Sherry. :) "Nola" purrs 23 hrs. a day & is always ready to lay by my side. In fact she is laying by my bare feet keeping them warm as I type this !! :) She was a constant companion for my wife too during her last summer here at home. If I had to leave the house for awhile I knew that she was never alone cause Nola was laying by her side. I think she ,(Nola), can sense when she is needed and that her purpose in life is to comfort us. Even when traveling in the RV.
    Wishing you all the best Rick, God Bless,
    Wes :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  7. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Rick,
    You are still in our thoughts and Prayers. Hoping you are doing well and with spring around the corner, get out and drive something with the windows down! Keep Roddin' and remember we are ALL thinking of you.

8. x 2

9. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X3 . . . still thinking about you Rick. Know you are still in shock, got a long road to recovery.

Heard something on the radio recently that made me think of you. Or maybe it was the mother of that deceased skier during the Olympics. She was talking about losing her daughter, and she said something to the effect that . . . "I used to think that the worst thing that could ever happen would be if my daughter died before I did. Then I realized that this was wrong, really the worst thing would be if I had never had her in my life to begin with. That made me feel a little better, made me realize that I needed to celebrate her life rather than mourn our loss."

Easy to say . . . hang tough, brother.

10. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

There but for the grace of god sit I..............or any of you.......my biggest fear is whats happened to you..........so very sorry

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

What a wonderful story, gotta love a woman with spunk ! :D:D Sounds like she kept you on your toes all the time,

You are doing the right things, talking about her, your times together, and getting your feelings out...........that will help the healing process immensely.

Don

12. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

And....we all love to hear about YOU and HER, the stories are great! I re-read them and have found some similarities and a greater appreciation for those near me and I thank YOU for sharing.

13. Talked to Rick the first of the week and he had to move all his and Sandy's belongings because they had served a eviction notice before Sandy passed away,,some may know that Rick had a heart attack last year and hid been out of work,then Sandy passed away and his landlord having been born without a heart served Rick with papers.

During all the snow Rick and a few friends worked night & day,Rick was already exhausted ,then he was still working with the flu.

He couldn't save everything but h is storing some things with friends and his niece offered him a place to stay,,I hope he is finally getting some rest,,he also informed me that there pet sugar glider died last week.

Please,please keep Rick in your prayers,he really hasn't had time to log in much but he sure appreciates all you guys have done. HRP

14. indianhead74

indianhead74

15. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He has had so much to deal with in a very short period of time. May God bless him and help him through.

16. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm here.

I see some of you are still posting and thinking about me.
    Thank you MG …and Danny...and the rest of you. You don't know what it means to me to have your sincere wishes for God’s blessings and strength and help. The last couple of months have been “challenging” to say the least, and I've needed every single prayer and every bit of support I got. And I continue to. I’m grateful to you all.

The crazy, bust my ass for weeks, sunrise to sunset, every day move is finished, and was made possible with the help I got from my loving nieces and a couple of good friends who care about me. Some of the time, especially toward the end, I was working alone. You should've seen me...I was hustlin'’. It’s been years since I’ve kept up that kind of pace for an extended period of time. If you had asked me a month or so ago if I could finish this in time, I would’ve said "No way.” But, I...kicked...ass. Actually, we...kicked...ass. I'’ll tell ya, at times it was as if I was getting some extra energy from somewhere...…it could not have been all me. I seriously think it was all the prayers you guys sent up that made the difference.

I had a visit with my cardiologist a couple days ago. She knows what’'s happened. She told me that all the physical labor and emotional stress really put my heart to the test. Apparently, it passed the stress test.

I sure paid for it though. When I was finally finished, I was BEAT. I mean totally ragged. Worn to a frazzle. But I'’m settled at my niece’s apartment now, getting some much-needed rest, and I’m starting to feel better.

As Danny mentioned, the landlord was unbelievably cold-hearted through all of this. He's even gone back on our written and signed agreement that he’'d allow me to come back by the end of June to get everything that’s still frozen to the ground…. Our patio pavers, flowers, flowering bushes, some patio furniture, etc. Fucker. I know...it’s just stuff…, but some of those flowering bushes meant something very personal to Sandy and me. We nurtured them for 9 years. The two large magnolia trees were especially personal to us...we thought of them as our "love" trees. I was hoping to give some of the bushes to loving family members...so I could watch them continue to grow and bloom in the years to come. I guess I'm going to have to take him to court if I'm gonna have a chance of getting any of it. I hate that.

Speaking of “loving” family members, …I’m very sad to say that Sandy’s family...her brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews...have unfortunately been ridiculously mean to me too. They came to the house a couple weeks ago to "help" me. We did get a couple of hours worth of cleaning and organizing done, but they were pushy, rude and disrespectful. They were mainly concerned about getting stuff...Sandy's china, lamps, mirrors, etc...the fancy stuff. I gave them a lot, but I guess it wasn't enough. There were things taken without my knowledge. Then they came back around last Friday and hit me again. They said some things that weren’t at all nice...to do with personal aspects of Sandy's and my life that are none of their business. They went way over the line. And they’'re definitely pissed because I didn'’t give them enough stuff. They were quite intrusive…...really bad. They even took Sandy's truck from me. It was still in her name. They had told me previously that they were submitting paperwork to get it put in my name. I guess they changed their minds. Jeez, I didn’t expect this from them. I'’m absolutely dumbfounded.

Yeah, and then my little buddy Rocky…...our Sugar Glider…...died the other night as I held him. I don’t know what happened. I thought he was just gaining weight. Then I suddenly realized that it was much more serious than that. But it was too late. Fuck. I was too caught up with moving and everything to realize how sick he was. Sugar Gliders are very susceptible to their owner’s moods. He seemed to start going downhill about the time that Sandy died. I think he may have sensed her absence and my grief. Poor little guy. He was with us for 8 years. I hope he found Sandy.

You’re right MG, …I'’ve been through a lot in a short time. More than ever before in my life.

But as Sandy would say, “To God goes the glory. Hallelujah anyhow!!!"

Oh dear…. I miss her so badly.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  17. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

I'm positive Sandy was on the other side waiting to receive Rocky when he passed.

No doubt about it.

And she'll be there waiting for you, too, when it's your time.

Just be sure to make her wait a while, bud :)

18. We are still here for you Rick,,try to get some rest. HRP

19. Hang in there Rick, things will get better.

20. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

My sincere condolences.

21. Good morning Rick,
    I haven't talked to you in awhile. I seem to be 5-6 months ahead of you in experiencing the different moods//events//personal emotions that come along. I didn't have to move which was a giant stressful event for you. Even I can't imagine.
    But I do have 6 step-kids (age 38-54) that I treated//loved as my own for 24+ yrs. The only explanation is that they are conceived with greed and want everything that
    their mother ever touched !! I gave them exactly what their mother wanted and more and they are not satisfied with it. They want practically everything we ever owned !! They have been "brain washed" by the oldest one to the point it's so bad that none of us even talk to each other any more. They have even filed a legal suit against me. My atty. said to "just forget about it, they are grabing at thin air".
    Rick, it sounds like you don't owe the reletives a thing so don't let them walk on you.
    They will not treat you any better if you let them take things from you and you will regret it later. It's best that you wait a yr or more until you decide what you want to part with. They have abosolutely no legal claim on anything you & Sandy had. As for you wifes estate, the first $150,000. you inherit, what is left over is divided by the first 50% is inherited by YOU and the last 50% is awarded to her kid. Please talk to your atty., he can advise you the correct action to take that applies to your state of Michigan. FIRST item of business -- you get your trk back NOW, don't wait and don't worry about hurting their feelings, they don't give a damn about yours.
    Well I too have had to see a cardioligist. This kind of stress caused an irregular heart beat (once) and much higher blood pressure for me. Dr. said I might have to get used to taking 5-6 pills for the rest of my life.
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to unload on you, Rick. But I am here for you if you want someone to talk to. I'm a good listner. And I've been there. :)
    My prayers for an abundance of comfort & healing to you, :)
    Wes 701-460-0230

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  22. My prayers are with you. Some family members look our for themselves only. But the ones that are there for you are gods blessing. Stay strong.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. Rick,

It is really good to see you back on the HAMB. You have been missed by all your friends. I know from personal experience that your friends are what get you through these tough times. You really do find out who your true friends are.

Stay positive, it helps.

24. cruisin32ford

cruisin32ford

So sorry for your loss. Death can bring out the worst in people, and the best. If my wife was still alive, we would have been married 40 years today. My heart breaks for you. My wife was a "Car Girl". If you met her, you loved her. Some bad things happened after she died too. Remember the Love and Kindness of the good people. The others who have hurt you or have been mean to you will deal someday with "Their" loss without love and compassion. It always comes back. Hang in there, Praying for you!

25. ...can't believe all that you're going thru, but you're hangin in there, keep us all posted, our prayers are still with you.

26. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Good to hear from you RB. It's been a tough winter everywhere, but unimaginably
    tough for you I know.

Hang tough, spring is right around the corner.

27. pitman

pitman

Rick,
    It means a lot, to read your words, believe me. Thanks for keepin' us in mind there bud. In the N.E., we still hold out hopes for Spring. Maybe.

28. Man glad to see you back with us! Now stay strong n lession learned with your relatives! Remember pay backs a bitch n there turns coming!

29. koolkemp

koolkemp

From those of us too far away to help, thank you very much for helping Rick like you have. The world needs more good people like you :)

30. God bless your heart. Doesn't get much worse than that. Prayin' it here Boss!
    Chuck