Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Vintage tunes?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkyardjeff, Mar 11, 2014.

1. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Just installed this in my 37 Chevy p/u tonight,its a period Philco radio head that has a switch and will be used to turn off and on the stereo in the glove box. It lights up but not too noticable so I am going to look for a brighter bulb.

Attached Files:

• 034.JPG
      034.JPG
      File size:
      202.9 KB
      Views:
  2. gas & guns

gas & guns

I like it. Now if you could make the volume work!

3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

It would be nice for it to control the volume but its not going to happen,I have another project in the works where I will install a digital tuned shaft radio in a complete radio like that but might be a couple years before I get to it.

4. Leviman

Leviman

I plan to run a vintage vacuum tube radio in my coupe once I get to that stage. I can just run an aux cable to send signal from an iPod into it when I'm tired of AM talk radio (probably most of the time).

5. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

"Perfection is the enemy of the good enough"

6. navyboy

navyboy

very cool I just scored to factory option radio for mine on the bay for 20.50.

7. snot275

snot275

I was always against having a radio in my model a roadster (project) until I read that by 1946 about 9 million cars had radios. So I guess now it's all about finding something period that'll work (as a faux radio for the iPod).

8. HuskyV8

HuskyV8

Looks awesome. I love period correct radios.

9. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I wish it would do more then just turn the stereo on and off and light up but I will have a full function one next winter.

10. steveabilly

steveabilly

I saw a guy at last years Mooneyes that had one just like this and he was playing an iPod thru it and it was LOUD but he refused to tell me how he did it :-/

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

I have been using my stock '37 Chevy dial tuning to control a later am/fm for 20 years. On-off, volume, etc. Made adapters to hook up cables to shafts.