Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New 65 Ranchero

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TBUCKETMILLER, Mar 6, 2014.

1. TBUCKETMILLER

TBUCKETMILLER

Just picked up this 65 Ranchero. I think I want to go gasser with it but not sure.

Attached Files:

2. JYPSEA

JYPSEA
    from Florida

How come you Arizona guys have all the nice cars?
    Not sure about the gasser, but it's yours make it your way.

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool -hope that whatever you do will get it on the road for some Summer fun.

4. TBUCKETMILLER

TBUCKETMILLER

It is a daily driver with a 200 six and a C4 auto trans. Not the quickest car out there by any means. Part of me wants to keep it clean and simple the other wants to go radical with it. Right now I am into it for $1500.

5. Steves46

Steves46
    from Florida

Very cool! I realize you are not asking for opinions but it's sure nice the way it is. Steve

6. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Very clean car! I apparently need to go to Arizona to find all the clean cars.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. LOL! Yep, good metal is easier to find, but remember that all the 'soft' parts (plastic, rubber, upholstery) will be baked to death unless the car was kept out of the sun....;)

8. TBUCKETMILLER

TBUCKETMILLER

The metal overall is really good except passenger side floor board. I have heard that the falcons and rancheros have rust issues in the floor boards. Mine is not real bad but I will need to patch a few areas. I kinda like the look it has right now with the steel wheels and small hubcaps. I need one more maverick hubcap like the one on the rear to complete the set. Maybe someone on here has one they might want to sell.

9. Bart78

Bart78

My stepdad restored one of these a few years ago. He got a lot of parts for it from a place called Falcon Enterpises. They are cool little cars.

10. okiewelder

okiewelder
    from central Ok

I had one with a six 20 years ago and around town the six was kinda fun to drive. Hiway speeds now it would not be too fun without a OD tranny.

11. TBUCKETMILLER

TBUCKETMILLER

Here is a few more pics of the ranchero.

Attached Files:

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't count that six out. There are some simple things that you can do to it to really wake it up!

I drive its baby brother, the lowly 144, and few believe that it is not a modded 200.

Even better if you can get an overdrive in there.

13. Veach

Veach

Welcome from Texas I just Love Them Myself

14. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

I called on that car too late.... I was going to do a disc brake conversion and upholstery and call it good. If you want a nice Shiny car than paint it.. A gasser should be made of a car that needs more work than that one..

15. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have a 64 that was my grandparents. It's a 260 with the 2 speed automatic. Not a powerhouse, but a cool little truck. Congratulations.