Register now to get rid of these ads!

Southern Colorado Reliability Run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Racer29, Feb 21, 2014.

1. We are planning a reliability run of sorts on Sat. May 17th. It's gonna be good and it's gonna start early. Not gonna be a huge blowout like some but just a good opportunity to get out and drive your hotrod, show what's it's made of and meet some likeminded folks. Here's the tenative schedule:

• 8 am meet for breakfast @ Crackerbarrel in Pueblo

• 10 am meet at Pueblo Motorsports Park(PMP) for a couple hours of dragracing, you don't have to race but if you've got some scores to settle this is the day! Racing starts @ 9 am. Slicks will be required to run as it's a full prep track that day and no street tires allowed. I imagine drag radials will be ok. So if you want to make a couple passes keep this in mind.

• 12:30-1:00 (flexible on this) depart PMP for a nice cruise on the backroads to Bishop's Castle.

• After an hour or two stay at Bishop's Castle we'll most likely cruise into Florence or Canon City and have lupper(late lunch, early supper) there.

• Cruise up Hwy 115 back into the Springs, and go our separate ways​

When it's all said and done we will have gone around 150 miles. Can you do it?????

If you would like join us please let me know so I can have an idea of the number to expect. You can contact me through the HAMB or email [email protected] Put "MayRun" as subject

Thanks and hope to see a bunch of ya,
    Ken(Racer29)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  2. Let's drive'em!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Go man go!!

4. Roothawg

Roothawg

Glad to see this being put together.....

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Not many of us haul around slicks in our trunks, or keep 'em on the car, especially when planning a trip thru the mountains. This may be something I'm interested in as I've never been to Bishop's castle but have heard a lot about it. I'd meet at you PMP...will there be a certain area there to meet up with you all...???

R-

6. Changed a few details and times. Please see post #1. I realize the deal with transporting extra tires around is a pain so I'm not really focusing on this aspect a great deal. I do love some dragracing though. We'll just go as a group to spectate for a while. It'll be cool just have a group of hotrods and customs cruise in to the track. I will work on a price deal and parking. It's usually not very crowded there so shouldn't be a big deal. Would like to have everyone park together to be on sort of a display. The main place to meet up would be at the Crackerbarrel. Any body going down from the Springs or Denver could meet us here in the Springs close to my house as I live close to I-25. Probably will roll out of here around 7 am.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  7. Rollingmenace

Rollingmenace

Looking foreward to this I can't wait...

8. If we stop in Florence for supper we'll get a 10% discount at Jess' Best BBQ. Talked with them on Sunday when we were having lunch. It's GOOOOOD Food!

9. Sounds like great fun!
    We sure have a blast here in Okla at the annual Rejects CC Reliability Run.

10. Rollingmenace

Rollingmenace

Supper in Florence sounds great to me... I hope we can have a decent turnout for this it seems like it could be a good time...

11. Just trying to get something going besides sitting in a parking lot staring at each other. Not very much interest so far. Where are all the hotrodders?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Looks like we'll have to try this on another date. The Canon City show at the Abbey is the same day, May 17th. Alot of guys I know will be there. Probably why really no interest shown for this.

Anyone with any ideas send them my way.

Anyone want to meet for breakfast and then cruise down to Canon City? LET'S BURN SOME FOSSIL FUEL!!!