Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage lincoln swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopt31, Feb 23, 2014.

1. chopt31

chopt31

what is the weather looking like for this coming weekend?

2. gatz

gatz

3. oldnuts

oldnuts
    from nebraska

What days the swap meet?

4. gatz

gatz

5. neb-rivet

neb-rivet
    from Nebraska

I will stick to the indoor vendors. The weather is calling for 12 deg in the morning.

6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Went to college just west of Lincoln. Loved everything about Nebraska except the c-c-c-cold!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. 1 KooL "MoFo"

1 KooL "MoFo"

Wow wish i could make it ! I'm looking for 37 / 39 Zephyr coupe interior door panel trim set both sides ?

8. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

3/4 of it is indoors.

9. If you plan on coming, please be sure to bring a non-perishable food donation for the Food Bank of Lincoln (they'll take money, too) for admission. Since the early '90s this has been the biggest single-day donation collection for a very worthy cause, and this year we should cross the 100,000 lbs/$100,000 mark for total donations. I know there's a lot of people out there who can use the help. And if you want a copy of the Car Council's 2014 Directory/Calendar of Events, you'll have to get it in the Expo Hall (limit of 1/person) or wait for it to go online at www.enwicc.com after the Swap Meet.

10. greensheads

greensheads

single digit temps and some snow! If you want to sell stuff and have an indoor spot youll want to get there really early, gates open around 3am.

11. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Don't bring your brass monkey and leave it out in the car.:(:D:D

HellRaiser

12. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I was planning to go, but with wind chils of -20 to -25 I will stay home and work in the garage

13. metalfaber

metalfaber
    from Nebraska

I will be there inside in the expo hall. free shipping on anything bought today that I have with me :D

Brian

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

14. gatz

gatz

I fully intended to go this AM, but decided to keep all body parts intact.

15. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I talked to a friend this afternoon that went, No car corral, no outside vendoes. Thw big inside animal barn had no vendors either. The weather was just way too cold and nasty to go

16. metalfaber

metalfaber
    from Nebraska

Yes, you are correct, it was a much smaller meet than it normally is. I was there, but in the heated expo hall. Actually had a HAMB member stop by, but business was not very good. The cold weather really thinned it out.

Brian

17. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I`m thinkin the estimates of 4-6 inches of snow along with Low tempetures scared people off. Just a dusting of snow and all being indoors made it bearable. The roads were a little icey until we crossed into Nebraska. It seems I always find a few things no matter how small swapmeets are. It`s always good seeing old friends and hats off to the guys who braved the cold weather to put this event on and to the vendors who showed up to sell.