Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '32 ford coupe found it's way back home after 56 years

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Hapydz, May 16, 2013.

1. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

wonderful story--so glad you got it back. One of the best stories ever on here. Enjoy and I'm sure you won't ever part with it again.

Hapydz likes this.
  2. Itchy-Pit

Itchy-Pit

That double exposure is SO COOL! Bought my first car a 1966 Mustang Coupe with paper route money at 13 in 1981 Totally can relate. Thanks for sharing with us!

Hapydz likes this.
  3. [quote="Hapydz, post: 9547233"]I was thinking today about this unforgettable day in early April of last year when my very first car was loaded up to come back home after almost 60 years. I still have a hard time believing that it is in my shop. No progress on it yet as I have been stripping the paint off the '39 Ford Coupe. With the industrial strength winter we have had in Thunder Bay, It's hard to motivate myself to walk the 20 feet to the heated shop. ;) Thanks for the kind comments !!!
    Ron[/QUOTE]

I just noticed that even the flat deck was telling me what kind of engine should be in the car....LOL
    Ron

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  4. greaser

greaser

I just noticed that even the flat deck was telling me what kind of engine should be in the car....LOL
    Ron

HA! That's pretty cool!

Hapydz likes this.
  5. 562roadster

562roadster

Such a great story! Glad its back in your hands

Hapydz likes this.
  6. Dave Wolk.jpg I run an air cleaner on the Vortec in my '39 coupe that is reminiscent of the Stelling(sp?) Air Cleaner of the 50's. This was made by "Kustoms by Dave" about 10 years ago. I wanted to run the same on this project as I really liked the look and quality of it so I checked with my good friend "Google" and was very happy to find out that David is still making these beautiful pieces under the name of Wolk Designs. Check him out and I'm sure you will like what you see. I will be picking mine up at the Detroit Autorama next month thanks to my good friend Ed Weichsler.

7. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

I really like the air cleaner and would like to run one on my 327. Searched for "Wolk Designs" and "David Wolk" but came up empty. Can you provide any more info on how to contact this person and/or where to purchase the air cleaner.
    Thanks in advance.

Hapydz likes this.
  8. Give this a try....
    http://www.wolkdesign.net/

Atwater Mike likes this.
  9. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Great! Thank you very much.:D

Hapydz likes this.
  10. aircoup

aircoup

you lucky dog

Hapydz likes this.
  11. malibulvr

malibulvr

Wow, great story, you are one lucky man!

Hapydz likes this.
  12. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

great story :)

Hapydz likes this.
  13. Thanks and I really like your '40.....Beautiful !!!:)
    Ron

14. wicarnut

wicarnut

Jumping in late, Congrats! Great story, best I've read here in a while. We all go back in time when we sit in our "Hot Rods", But You Have the REAL DEAL first car, Very Kool! and what are the odds, maybe you should buy a few Lotto tickets. John

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    Hapydz likes this.
  15. roadsterman32

roadsterman32
    from wi

Just saw the post and got caught up. Very nice, great pics of the ghost shots I love those. Good luck on finding all the pieces you need to finish the car. I have done the same thing with a roadster and 5 window and while sometimes difficult to find and expensive, it is much easier to use good original parts as far as fit etc. You have a great car to work with and the memory bank is on overload. congrats.

Hapydz likes this.
  16. low51fan

low51fan

Ron

I have been a car guy as long as I can remember. My first memory was when I was 5 in my dads red 55 Chevy standing in the backseat as we raced his buddy down the highway (yes he is a good dad).
    While reading your story and all the positive comments afterward it got me thinking what has always kept me in this hobby which is the people who are involved. It knows no age barrier and as the posts clearly show people enjoy sharing in the happiness of others.
    Congratulations and best of luck to you on your build and I will enjoy watching your progress.

Hapydz likes this.
  17. catdad49

catdad49

Ron, just discovered your great story. WOW!! I think I have talked with you before because the kitchen comment sure sounds familiar. Just got to say that your wife sounds like a keeper too. Good luck with your baby and keep us nosy nellies posted on your progress, Carp

Hapydz likes this.
  18. JunkYardGuy

JunkYardGuy

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Hapydz likes this.
  19. I was telling a friend today that my almost 20 year old grand daughter hasn't tried for her drivers license yet. I proceeded to mention to the friend that I tried for my license the day after I got my beginner's on my 16th birthday in this very same car..... Sometime I forget just how lucky I am to be part of this story ...:D
    Ron.
    p.s. I will be 75 in June :eek:
    p.p.s. Thank you all for your very kind comments...

JP55 likes this.
  20. Rusty

Rusty

This is so cool! Congrats!

Hapydz likes this.
  21. 32 ford seat.jpg The original seat was missing and I would like to replace it . I was able to find the side panels on e-Bay but I need the lower part as pictured. Any one know where I might be able to find one ? Any help would be much appreciated !!!
    Thanks, Ron

22. Glad to report that thanks to the HAMB, I was able to locate one :)

OahuEli, jangleguy and calonego like this.
  23. RussTee

RussTee

waiting to see this one finished Ron a great story and great car to go with the roadster

Hapydz likes this.
  24. Lou39

Lou39
    from Cedar, MI

Great Story......now if I could only find the '36 3W I bought in '56 and sold in '68.
    N/O painted it gray and it went to Naperville IL. soon thereafter. I check out every 3W I see but no luck.
    I remember your roadster at Detroit and am sure good things will come to the '32.

Hapydz likes this.
  25. poptops

poptops
    from MN.

Glad the HAMB came through. Great car you have and great story. Anything new let us know.

Hapydz likes this.
  26. What I'm looking for now is a 32 gage tunnel for the dash.
    Thanks, Ron

27. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Great story....I'd be thrilled to find my first car, and it wasn't nearly as cool as your 32! I bet it feels awesome to sit in it and remember....

28. Mike; believe it or not... I haven't sat in it yet. It came back home without the original seat and it had two loose, dusty old beetle bucket seats in it. I will be picking up an original bench seat this summer and will try sitting in it then. I'm glad you enjoyed the story !
    Ron

29. bfalfa55

bfalfa55

This sure is a great story. One of the owners of the company I work for bought 2 65 Biscaynes and when I described one them to a "T" for him, he realized my name was still on the title of one of them. I sold it to a car guy in my area 22 years ago and it never got touched, just shoved in a garage to be covered with dust. The car guy I sold it to passed away a few years ago and had tons of cars and parts his family has been selling off. Had I known it was till there, I would have bought it n a minute ! He is restoring it now, so even though I don't have it, I at least know it's in good hands !

JP55 likes this.
  30. I was able to locate a seat and a tunnel . Thanks to those that responded to my request !!!
    Ron