Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Canadian kustoms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 00 MACK, Mar 3, 2005.

1. koolkemp

koolkemp

Yep ,I always liked that car!

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Small world. A local guy was in my workplace just the other day, and we were talking about what sounds like this car. He knew its whereabouts up till a few yrs ago.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Oh MAN! I am DISGUSTED with you. HOW could you leave out the Robertson screwdriver??!!:eek::eek:

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Looks like that was taken about a block west of 12th and Nanaimo.

5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

The Canadian Kid taken around 84 or so then repainted Orange. He won the award for lowest Kemp on lowering blocks. He had Flame throwers to. He might be the reason KKOA bannded them from there shows. So I`ve heard.

Attached Files:

6. BRENT

BRENT

My father recently purchased this chopped convertible merc in Tilsonburg Ontario

[​IMG]

The story goes it orginally came from Saskatchewan then to Montreal where a pilot owned it. A car this nice is sure to have a story? Maybe someone knows something about it.

[​IMG]

7. Here's one I scanned from a book about Canadian cars. This is taken at the CNE Automotive building back in the day. Don't recall the info on it. It's a super rare 60 Meteor ragtop.

Attached Files:

8. johnnymac50

johnnymac50

Hi Falcongeorge, I'm a new member but an old guy and that photo was taken in Victoria, I know the exact location and if you lived here I could drive you to that exact spot.

9. johnnymac50

johnnymac50

This '50 Ford convertible was built by Norm Porter in Victoria B.C. and that's him sitting in the car. He still messes with cars but no hot rods or customs.

10. 408iiii

408iiii
    from Canada

I owned Harvey's chev for about ten years. Here are some pics when I had it.
    Harvey and me. Turns out Harvey lived in my area.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Picture from an old Custom Cars Magazine
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. customcory

customcory

Always liked that 41 Chevrolet.:D

12. ixlr8

ixlr8

Took photos of the custom 1956 Meteor today in Nova Scotia. Now owned by a very proud Roy Brown. I'll add a link to the photos and some info abit later.

13. Just an FYI...Ron Box is still around the London area..See him once and awhile..still building stuff..Chip Coffin sold the 56 merc truck..it has changed hands a couple times in the last few years.
    Keep the "Canadian content" coming.

Rick

14. ixlr8

ixlr8

15. druids62

druids62

Its cool this thread has been brought up from the past. Chip Coffin is still kicking around. He's touring in his '65 Chevy pickup or a late '60's El Camino. This cat is alot of fun to hang with! A couple years back he was riding a Honda Furby chopper. I'll see if I can't wrangle some pictures out of him as he's been in the industry since the early '60's. Maybe even longer!

16. I'm still trying to figure out how not to burn it badly on the bbq.

17. Old pic I know, Pat but did this car have Pontiac split bumperettes in the back with the license plate surround molded in, and might have been painted orange pearl at one time???

18. bc48chev

bc48chev

:)
    this car is sitting on my front lawn...its still around..

19. 408iiii

408iiii
    from Canada

Update.
    I just came across this old video on youtube. At the 7:48 mark my old chevy is there. Harvey had sold the car to a guy on Vancouver Island back in the late 50's to help pay for a house. It was painted a green/gold color and was called Lime Fire then. I recall Harvey telling it was pretty quick at that time. It shows up again at the 9:57 mark.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R7h5oF-CxA

20. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

You may love the taste , I just can't stand the cruelty and photos we have to see in the past, this is totally off topic , thanks

21. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Say hello to Dennis for me Brent

22. 32Tudor396

32Tudor396

I took this last weekend in Regina.It was heading west I think, there was a louvered hood on the trailer. 1393465693877.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. zeke1270

zeke1270
    from Alberta

Damn Albertans grabbing tin.

24. 32Tudor396

32Tudor396

That's what I thought LOL!!!
    Oh well,I got more than enough for myself although I would have found room for this.