Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41chevypromod street truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41chevypromod, Feb 19, 2014.

1. 41chevypromod

41chevypromod
    from Tennessee

looking for door stretching and moving the truck cab back 6 inches to fit,may be over my head any information.
    Thanks

2. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I think you'll get more info from people if they can see your project for context. Try and get some pictures up here.

Also add some more detail about the truck (like what you put in your introduction post).

Have you considered altering the firewall instead of relocating the cab?

3. Door stretching has been a pretty common mod since about the '90s. There have been several threads on here about it as well. With the new format searching is not as easy but it can be done.

I see it as viable if one is a bog boy or crippled up enough that getting in and out is a problem. I would not do it just for the sake of doing it myself. It appears as though you have a 41 chevy? Those are pretty roomy cabs ( I had one myself loved that truck) so unless you are just a giant I don't see the point but it can be done and has been done by some pretty no talent builders in the past so I would not think that it couldn't be done by just about anyone.

The absolute easiest way to do it if you don't have an english wheel would be to use two sets of doors and marry them.

4. 41chevypromod

41chevypromod
    from Tennessee

patamanta, Thanks for the reply to 41 promod chevy,I just joined the hamb and dont really
    know how to post pic except managed to get them on my album. Thanks Ed Johnson

5. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

If you want to post things you have hosted elsewhere or from your album here, click the icon with mountains and a moon with a yellow sky. Then you paste in the entire link for the photo itself, which you can get by right clicking on the image and selecting "Copy image URL".

[​IMG]

Paste in the image URL:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=43412&pictureid=506246

and you get this:

[​IMG]

Alternately, you can click on "Go Advanced" and upload images directly to the thread in the Additional Options section, "Manage Attachments"

6. neb-rivet

neb-rivet
    from Nebraska

I stretched the doors on my '48 International 4" (along with 4" longer cowl and 16" behind the doors. I did not marry two doors together since this would leave a mis-match of curves in the center. I cut the 4" out of the center of donor doors and welded this in the middle of the original door. This is more welding but worked well. I made a wooden fixture to hold the door in alignment after cutting and during welding.
    I would do it again since the room gained makes the truck much more comfortable for long drives.