Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Aftermarket windshield wiper kits

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lcfman, Feb 4, 2014.

1. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

I want to put some sort of aftermarket windshield wiper system on my 59 Impala. I really wanted to put it in the cowl vent well but haven't found a system that is water proof (motor) and will fit in that area. There is really no room left under the dash and I have modified the original wiper location and can not use the stock system. Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed. I have looked at SPW and autoloc but i think they are too large for my application.

2. Stay away from autoloc. IMHO...junk.

Put a SPW in a 38 Chev and it worked out real well.

3. I used Mighty Wipe in my daily driver 46 chevy pickup...motor burned out in 1.5 years.

4. 36 coupe

36 coupe
    BANNED

Stay well clear of Autoloc - Again, it's Hoffman group junk!
    Wiring diagram does not work, switches are faulty and the wiper drive knurls are metric and wont take regular US based wiper arms.
    SPW all the way, no problems.

5. MT26

MT26
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Look at some of the Newport Engineering sets.

6. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I would also check out Newport engineering, I don't know if they make one for a 59 Chevy, but check out their website

7. The Newport is a nice unit but kinda pricy. HRP

8. FenixSpeedShop

FenixSpeedShop

The Newport unit is the only direct replacement I've found for 59/60 impalas other than a rebuilt original that would still cost me close to $200 at the local parts store. But then the OPs is modified which begs the question: how was it modified?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

I have a Newport.motor in my 39 Ford. It's been in it about 12 years. It works.