Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new project 1951 Buick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aw1950, Oct 18, 2010.

1. OOPS pictures

Attached Files:

2. koolkemp

koolkemp

Congrats Andy, on getting to throw some mud on the ol girl, its all downhill from here ;)

3. Thanks Steve It does feel somewhat of a milestone to pass but there is a lot to cross over yet but its coming along ! I see your still at it as well , good job !

4. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Great progress,Andy!

5. Thanks Antti !! Stay tuned , Andy....

6. fitzee

fitzee

into the sod work!! I dont miss that.. spent 25 years doing that.lol. looks good

7. Have some comparisons to show . I took some advise and I see now what that the extra time involved in fixing the observations made by fellow HAMB subscribers paid off. It changes everything in my opinion . The first and third pictures are of how it was. The rest are after the redo . What do you think ? Bodywork is next, then it will really all tie together . Andy

Attached Files:

8. fitzee

fitzee

great improvment..takes the roundness out of the back and it flows nicer with the bumper

9. That looks good. I agree with fitzee that it flows nicer with the bumper now.

10. I am glad that I took the time to do it . I will admit at first I thought I would leave it but looking at the comparisons I am glad I didn't . Thanks guys , Andy

11. robleticia

robleticia

12. koolkemp

koolkemp

Definitely looks better ! I think lowering the bumper a few inches would ad to the look .... maybe James could do a quicky photoshop :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. hacknwhack

hacknwhack
    from mass

I dig it.

One question,
    if you lowered it would the front suspension be higher or lower?
    The skirts angle To the ground will be an important factor also.

14. That's pretty much it Shane as far as lowering the car . I might bring the front down a little bit more but the car has a little bit of a reverse rake to it anyways . The Buick will not get bagged . Funds just wont allow it .
    Andy..

15. Steve The rear splash pan is all welded on and in the stock position .It would be a lot of work to move it down an inch or so . I might be able to tweak the pan slightly to get the bumper 1/2" - 1" lower . Thanks for the input and observation . Andy.. PS You getting anything done on the 47 lately ?

16. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking good Andy!

17. Thanks Jimmy its coming along , stay checking once in a while , Andy..

18. Plugging away . I made a scoop return down low at the quarter panel ( The first three and the fifth picture ) . It fades away to nothing at the rocker panel .Other pictures are the elimination of the old door handle holes . Doing the bodywork around the rear side glass area . I removed the body reveal around the rear side glass area to give the body a more softer cleaned up appearance . More to follow in a few minutes . The last picture is inside . I have to fabricate a filler piece above the door opening to tie all the substructure all together front to rear again . Andy

Attached Files:

19. Couple more , Getting the filler on the skirt extension that I did a few weeks ago . Showing more of the inner substructure tie in . And the same area as in the previous group of pictures . Starting to skim coat the roof as well . Primer is just around the corner . :rolleyes: Andy..

Attached Files:

20. OOPS ! Forgot one . This was the large tie in over the rear side glass area !Inner and outer panels welded in and the plug welded together . Andy..

Attached Files:

21. koolkemp

koolkemp

Looking good Andy ! I can almost smell the bondo from here :D

22. Well like I said primer around the corner . Lots of blocking out the filler to get it close . Shot some primer just for motivation . I had more pictures to show but the camera wont cooperate :rolleyes: 2 Will have to do for now , Andy...

Attached Files:

23. roaddog

roaddog

wow andy its been awhile since I looked in on you,your car is looking great.you are only 15 minutes from me so I have no excuse for stopping by.hey I will give you a ring and stop by.get it done for nats.keep o keeping on!!!

24. Anytime Dana . Mike and Herb want to come over as well on a Saturday to check things out as well . Give a shout ! Andy..

25. wow!!! It's amazing how primer makes a car look better. I was struggling at first trying to figure out the flow of the rear quarter panel. I asked you about it in an earlier post, but now with the primer on it....GENIUS!! Looks great!

26. 53'BuickAZ

53'BuickAZ
    from Phoenix

Can't wait to see more... this thread has motivated me to work on my 53' Super daily... I'm making progress, just wish I had your fabrication skills. I'll stay tuned!

27. Well thanks for the positive comments . Glad I can inspire a few every so now and then . Your car looks pretty clean . I wish I started with a nice piece like that !!! Andy..

28. john6shooter

john6shooter
    from texas

great to see someone else is also crazy. lol i am also in the middle of doing a 51 super 2dr ht 56r.if you need pics of different parts I can send them to you,good luck and keep welding

29. Thanks Dave I thought long and hard on what I would do and it seems to be turning out good so far . I wish I could do this stuff without the use of filler :eek: . That's the way it goes ! How's the truck coming along ?
    Andy!