Register now to get rid of these ads!

What mill is in your hot rod and why?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willbierfarms, Jan 23, 2014.

1. inkstain27

inkstain27

The 289 in my RPU was given to me by my father-in-law

[​IMG]

2. hilltopgaragede

hilltopgaragede
    from Delaware

Flathead beacuse they look cool and there is no other sound like it.

[​IMG]

3. rovertenrod

rovertenrod

[​IMG]
    A Daimler Big hemi because I always wanted one and waited 30 years to get one.

4. Okay, know I am gonna catch hell for this, but here goes anyway -
    1997 Chevy 4.3 V-6. It had been rebuilt along with the T350 about 1-1/2 years before I got it, my buddy had an argument with a redwood tree, and the tree, of course, won. I went by to see how bad the car was, and he was loading it onto the trailer. I asked him what he was doing, and he said he was taking it to the scrapyard..the engine and trans were still in it. I told to wait for 1/2 hour-45 minutes and I'd be back, got the cherry picker and 2 hours later was helping him load the car on the trailer, minus the engine and trans, which I got for my favorite price...FREE. All I did was to change the EFI to an Edelbrock manifold and Edelbrock #1406 carb, and have been using it ever since. When we built the headers, they just looked DUMB with only 3 pipes sticking out, so we made up the dummy pipe. I wasn't out to fool anyone, as soon as I start the car you KNOW it's not a V-8, but since then I have had a lot of fun with people who will walk by, get about 5 to 10 feet, come back, and look again...then comes the usual questions..."Small Block Ford?" "Nope, not with the distributor in back"..... Olds/Buick 215 cube aluminum V-8?".... that's when I take a magnetic dash plaque and toss it onto the block or heads, where it sticks....Again, I didn't mean to try and fool anyone, it was just for "cosmetic" purposes, but I think the next time I take the headers off, I an going to drill and tap a hole on each side of the dummy pipe, and shorten some header bolts, just to REALLY mess with people... LOL By the way, this engine is pretty much just a 350 SBC somebody forgot to put the back 2 cylinders on, so before you give me TOO much crap, if you are running an SBC, I don't think you should grumble too much

Attached Files:

5. rustang

rustang

In mine running a 30 over 327. Forged TRW pistons, 461 heads, LT1 cam, solid lifters.

Engine was built back when, ran for a couple of thousand miles, pulled and put on a stand until a year or so ago.

SBC is a great motor for hot rod especially in a Chevy.... :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!