Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Style of the Steering Knob

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jan 7, 2014.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'd like to find a source for a good quality knob. Maybe a fold down and also ball bearing. Anybody know of a source?

2. I love mine with my manual steering 1936 Ford. I use it all the time and don't start sweating gripping the wheels with effort and both hands. Now its a one hand wonder!! Again I love it!!

3. verde742

verde742

In Arizona, If they stop you, you give it to them, or they impound the vehicle.. ( to big a fight, not worth it) IMO why we can't have nice things...

ill- egal ... is that a sick bird?

4. This is mine...about 60 bucks off ebay a few years back...handy to have at the moment...been driving the last 4 months with a broken arm!

Attached Files:

5. O.Hove

O.Hove
    Member Emeritus
    from S.D.

They look cool, but used a lot they will wear the bakalite out, and ruin a good wheel

6. Reread my earlier post..

7. vanderwaal

vanderwaal

That's weird. I'd always heard they were illegal as well, even here in Louisiana, but according to this article they aren't. I'd say make the inspector show you the code.

http://www.suicideknob.net/state_laws.html

8. Gennie Shifter sells some very nice Brodie knobs.

9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I just went page by page thru the 68 page online catalog. Saw tons of shifter knobs, but no brodie knobs, at least none that I saw.

10. Truckers have been using them forever.

11. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

We had them on all the forklifts at work. OSHA saw them and made us take um off.

12. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I bought a plain one for a semi once, couldn't stand it, always seemed to be in the way no matter where I mounted it.

When I bought my manual steering 1955 International farm tractor, I put it on it since the steering wheel was missing most of the grip. Love it on there, works great while bush hogging or working with the box blade. Don't think I would want one in a car or pickup, though.

13. 41 C28

41 C28

I got a cheap generic one years back and opened it up and put my own pinup style picture in it. I never drove the car with it on as I didn't want to tighten down on the original steering wheel. I'd put it on sometimes just for display.

14. daily_driver

daily_driver

Ive got this one on my truck. Cut off the knob that was on it and put a shifter knob on it. I like it, makes parking a whole lot easier. -dd 1391894969569.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!