Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dumb question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WortRod, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Man, everything goes there.
    You'd figure with as much stuff that must be there, the "spot" would be full by now and that the stuff would be returning. Maybe you'd get someone else's crap but ,,,,

2. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

In Florida people have monkeys, snakes, gators, iguanas, tigers.... California might be the same!

I had a large needle nose on top of my transmission take a ride for a year. Didn't notice it till I went to change the gear oil. Up till then, I was wondering were it went.

3. My dad ^^^

Sent from my DROID RAZR using H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Nope, just politicians and tax revenuers but they take the whole tool box.

Sorry, just tuned in for today's update on 'Where's my Wrench'.

5. 53 sparky

53 sparky

^^ THIS ^^

Happens to me every time. The missing tool usually is in the most OBVIOUS place in plain sight too! Drives me CRAZY!!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. WortRod

WortRod
    from california

Well finally on my way home from a couple days of being on duty , camera in hand from harbor frieght , I'll let everyone know outcome in an hour or two when I get home

7. I lost a 15/16, 1/2" drive socket while building a Rally car for a customer. Now this isn't some little namby pamby 5/16 wrench, but a good sized, heavy socket. Well, after hours of looking, I gave up - it's gone. Finished the car, he raced it for 2 years, including a roll over at the Press On regardless rally in Michigan and off the side of a cliff at Engineers Corner on Pike's Peak (Who know Dodge Omni GLH's could fly?)
    So I end up buying the car back. refurbish it and sell it to another customer. He races it for another year, I get it back again and am prepping it for the next owner when low and behold I find that socket in the spare tire well in the back of the car. it's dirty, rusty, and sitting there mocking me. I have no idea where it has been for the past 4 years, or how it survived without being discovered, especially after being upside down!
    I keep it in my tool box and when guys ask, what's with the Rusty Socket, I just smile.

8. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

hahaha, that´s funny and interesting. I once dropped a valve cover bolt , heard it hit the garage floor once couldn´t find it. So I dropped a second one to see where these end up. I was surprised to hear it bounce off the floor 2 or 3 times instead of once like the first bolt... that made me think the bolt must be stuck in the frame or somewhere else underneath the car.... I searched for ever until I just took another bolt .

When I put off my pants that night this very bolt dropped out of the cuff of my jeans ...

9. WortRod

WortRod
    from california

Well the camera was a good investment and great idea! Took a lil time but with the magnet attachment I was able to find it and get it out. And to think I was pretty much convinced it wasn't in the bell housing!! Word of advise on the camera, tape the magnet on! Took some extra time to fish out magnet and wrench! Lol

10. fsae0607

fsae0607

That inspection camera is a pretty badass tool. You'll find all kinds of uses for it. Great investment! Glad you found your wrench.

11. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Part time colonoscopy tech? :p

12. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I like it when we hear the result of a search mission! Congrats on finding the wrench and the acquisition of a new tool!

13. So it was in the bell housing, great news there on finding it.

14. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

15. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

How much is this gizmo? Will it work as a bore scope?

16. WortRod

WortRod
    from california

It was on sale for $89.00 and it says " great for looking in cylinder heads" on the box.

17. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

So for under a hundred bucks you gained PEACE OF MIND and a great new piece of equipment! It paid for itself in your first use! Bonus you didn't lose the wrench! WIN WIN!

18. WortRod

WortRod
    from california

You bet it did, it was worth a hundred bucks not to drop the trans as busy as everything is right now!!! Prob no reason to keep tool because I doubt I'll ever drop or lose anything ever again haha!

19. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Sweet!!! Now I can finally sleep knowin the wrench is not laughing at you anymore. LOL

20. WortRod

WortRod
    from california

Tell me about it!! Good thing I got it all taken care just in time for the only rain we have had all year,fml

21. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

So now can I finally borrow a 5/16" wrench ? :D

22. WortRod

WortRod
    from california

Lol, you bet!

23. fsae0607

fsae0607

I have seriously thought about it, but my wife won't let me...:(:p:D

24. kjvma131

kjvma131
    from New Jersey

See if you can borrow a borescope from a local mechanic or see if a tool vendor will give you a "free demo". Like snap on or mac or matco. I have used them before and they are awesome. I am assuming you could see down into the bell housing through the suspected drop point?

25. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Wortrod!!! ^^^^^ That guys has a great idea! You should do that!!!!!! :confused:

26. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

The real question here is: "How many H.A.M.Bers does it take to replace a light bulb?"