Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen Green 1951 Chevrolet Tin-woody, Newport Beach California

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kvipt, Feb 1, 2014.

1. kbgreen

kbgreen
    1. Georgia Hambers

Hate that happened damn crooks. If you think it might be carried out by carrier, you might call a few of them. I would hope that car is unlikely to be parted out so it should show up somewhere. Do the big auction houses have a stolen registry?

2. Uh, don't mean to be unsympathetic, but GPS units, LoJack and such are not expensive and work pretty well if installed right.
    I have it in all my vehicles. Seems like cheap insurance.
    I hope you get your car back and the thieves die a grizzly death!

3. I'll be looking for it in NM - no telling where this stuff turns up.

4. jesse1980

jesse1980

5. Bump high hopes

6. fender lizard

fender lizard
    from mcallen tx

America has got to soft of scum like this. Prisons are like hotels, this guy needs his hands cut off. Good luck, eyes peeled down south texas

7. damn sucks! eyes open for sure

8. Okay guys, neighbors had seen a red 67 or 68 impala with an hispanic couple circle around the trailer park 4-5 times where the car got stolen on saturday. Anybody know somebody with a red impala wanting a Tin-woody??

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. dangulo

dangulo

eyes and ears are open!

10. Okay guys, neighbors had seen a red 67 or 68 impala with an hispanic couple circle around the trailer park 4-5 times where the car got stolen on saturday. Anybody know somebody with a red impala wanting a Tin-woody??

And I would like to thank you all for spreading the word, and be on the look out!

11. Nobey

Nobey

Olav,
    I put the word out here where I live, and also with the Fresno guys.
    Pretty hard to hide a car like this. Richard.....

12. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D "Needs hands cut off".Yep.Just about 2" below the chin.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

13. This is so wrong, its very embarrassing for Americans seems how you are here for school and the history of customs. This will change your opinion of this place forever and I dont blame you. My eyes are open man, I really hope this ends well. I'm on the look out. Sorry to hear this.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  14. U-235

U-235

I would agree with Jeff, this is very embarrassing for us Americans for you to come over here to experience the American Dream and then have this to happen to you and leave a sour taste in your mouth. Please don't think ill of the rest of us. I had the good fortune to meet you and thought you were very nice young man and a walking encyclopedia.

15. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

16. sled

sled

This pisses me off a lot...had a Lincoln Zephyr 3w coupe project stolen couple years ago in Texas (bought the car from Indiana via ebay ) and never heard back since...so I know the feeling ,hard to swallow ..plus Olaf is there in CA for his school time trying to live the dream..bastards!!
    I hoe the car will be recovered soon,it's pretty unique and won't makes much sense to steal such car to get parts off of it...it's not that expensive..I don't get it!!
    Eyes open in Mexico and fingers crossed for you amigo!!

17. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

Way too much of this crap going on. I just got my winter edition of Rod and Kulture and Lance Owen's cover car 59 Impala custom, "Rosebud" was reported stolen before the magazine hit the stands. I don't know if it was ever recovered, but there outta be a death penalty for touching another man's rod. Best of luck in finding yours.

18. That's like saying if he didn't wanna get murdered he shouldn't have been outside the house. Catch 'em, toss them in prison and leave them there 'til they're too old to steal or dead.

19. toml24

toml24

I was in the Newport Beach area Tuesday afternoon but did not see it. It will be a good idea to get the word out at the Donut Derelicts car show Saturday morning.

20. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

bttt. Hope you get it back soon!

21. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Is it not possible that many of these thefts don't involve US citizens at all? Car goes to another country. This just happens to be where the cars are.

22. tillerman43

tillerman43

That blows BTTT

23. Sixness

Sixness
    from Cen Tex

On the lookout in centeral Texas. Live on the back road hi-way into Mexico.....!!

24. California is a great place, with great people, great history, great climate and great cars. This incident won't change the way I look at America at all, it's been my favorite country ever since I can remember. This could have happened everywhere, now I only learned to have a GPS sending unit and theft insurance.. I can't judge a whole country because of this, I would be an ass then. Just gotta think positive, and good stuff happens :) However, I must thank you all once again for the help of spreading the word!! :D

25. 51 mercules

51 mercules

26. I've had my eyes open and looking for this car since I saw your original post. Best of luck to you. I hope it is recovered. I'd love to be able to catch these scum bags!!

27. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

"Trying to take what isn't yours like a God dam rat."
    —Beastie Boys