Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 Ford 5 window coupe build - 50's style

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by ss34coupe, Feb 3, 2008.

1. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Larry - welcome to the HAMB! You will enjoy it here, lots of great cars and people. Come on over anytime to check out the coupe.

2. rustymetal

rustymetal

airplane hanger i dont think would big enough.
    nice looking 3 window

3. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

yes, I do need an airplane hangar! Have been looking for a place with a bigger shop for some time, even have a realtor on it. So far nothing has shown up. Meanwhile, I will keep working away in my crowded shop....

4. Very nice Steve. I'm impressed.

5. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Thanks Ron. It has been a lot of fun collecting the parts and putting the car together. Have learned a lot along the way. Now that flathead motor in your 35 coupe is impressive - nice to find another rodder on the Island who likes the old time stuff!

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. slick377

slick377

man! that body you started with is toooo coool, I would crawl over sharp things naked to have that. 20 years of racing badges/scars is perfect for my project.

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

slick377 - I have been following your project with interest. That will be one fast rod when you are done!

8. The 5w has come a long way, Nice work!

My 5w got pushed to the corner for a 3w too.... Funny how that happens.

9. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Hey, it's nice to know I am not alone! Both your coupes are awesome, hope some updates are coming on them soon.

10. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Here is the reason the 33 five window project is on hold - this three window that I picked up last summer has been my focus lately - but I will get back to the five window.

Attached Files:

11. that is THE look!!!

12. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

I just love this car, it's damn near perfect as is. It's obviously in good hands.

13. brady1929

brady1929

14. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Thanks for the kind comments!

15. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Working on my 53 Ford custom project now, and that has put the stall on the 33 five window. But I will get back to the 33 and update with pics as it goes together.

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I am boxed in with too many projects and not enough space to work on them, so this 33 coupe is going to my buddy Lorne's shop so the work can continue. Lorne built the Cadillac motor for the coupe, so he is the right guy to make some progress on this project. Will update with photos soon.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and volvobrynk like this.
  17. Plowboy

Plowboy

I think I would focus on the 3 window too! nice car!

18. Looking very good, I have the same problem too many projects, just I have lots of room, just no money! Keep going looking very nice

19. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Looks like a pretty sound body on the '33. I restored the body of a '33 a while back. It's the car in my avatar, I ended up making most of the outer body panels. Here is a link to my thread on it.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=812987

Yours is going to be a very nice car.

David

20. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Wish I had more room. The search goes on for a place with a bigger shop.
    Thanks for the encouragement!

Thanks, David. I have followed your thread for some time. You do excellent work!

21. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Picked up another old race car body - this one a 34 five window. I guess I just can't get enough of these major projects - the ones requiring mega work.

Attached Files:

22. Hi Steve....... One more great looking car, so quite a stable you're getting together , have to follow and see where you're going with all , shall give you a call and catch up some day soon.

Dale

23. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Dale - this one will be a lot of work, but these coupe bodies are getting harder to find, so we need to make the effort to rebuild whatever is out there. Hope to connect with you soon and to hear about how your projects are coming along. I guess you won't be coming down here this spring because of the new move. Supposed to be lots of tin in the dry land area you are going to, so hope you find some!

volvobrynk likes this.
  24. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Well it is time to get back to this build - here is the body just collecting dust as it sits in the garage. Have been working on my 53 Ford convertible project for most of the last year, and need a break from it. So back to the channeled 33 five window....some progress has been made since I last reported, the torque tube and driveshaft have been shortened, brake lines installed - but still lots more to do to get it running. The blower setup in the pics is not the engine that will run in this car, it was just there for fitting purposes. That motor belongs to my buddy Lorne, he has a good collection of old Cadillac motors. IMG_0574.JPG 001.JPG 002.JPG

25. That's some real hotrod stuff Steve. The 5 window looks really good. I'd love to have a coupe some day, after a sedan, roadster, pickup and now the cabriolet. A three window would be rally cool in my garage( I have the blessing of a two car garage...means one project at a time), love yours. Keep at it!!! Tim BTW, I am driving the cabrio some now. Working on turn signals and stuff to get it inspected. Tim

26. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Thanks, Tim! I appreciate the encouragement. We want to see more of your cars too, they are just awesome!

27. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Nice dream garage

28. For some reason Steve, I can't get my computer to resize images. I've tried internet sites and one in my PC but to no avail. If you would care to e-mail me I would be glad to send what ever you are interested in. Tim. [email protected] (if you would rather not give out your e-mail address I will understand completely)

29. Roadsir

Roadsir

Looking good, I like the chassis, and motor combo. The caddys have a neat look. I'm about a year away from getting back on my 5 window!

volvobrynk likes this.
  30. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Eric - you are like me with too many projects on the go at one time. That 3 window deuce is coming along well, and there will be plenty of time for your hemi-powered 5 window. Both are great cars!

volvobrynk likes this.