Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seasick Steve's 51 Chevy Wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clik, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Clik

Clik

Did anyone catch Seasick Steve on Top Gear? :cool:

He said something to the effect that his 51 Chevy has put out less pollution in its lifetime than the pollution to make a new eco car.

I've been making that point for years. We are the original recyclers.

He also hit a couple quick notes on his banjo made from two Morris Minor hubcaps.

I tried to post a Youtube video but BBC blocked it. Pricks!

2. tedster

tedster

Man I like his music. His instruments are something else huh?

3. luke13

luke13

sea sick steve rules, is he still homeless or does he live in his wagon?

4. tedster

tedster

No saw on you tube where he says he is living in Norway, I guess his wife is from there. Says he is finally making big time money with his music.
    Look at some of his concerts on youtube, he is playing to a wicked number of people.

5. luke13

luke13

he did a concert at the leigh sawmill just north of auckland in new zealand about two years back, i was very impressed as i didnt think he wouldve knowen were nz is, norway wow, wonder when he'll be homesick steve:D

6. Clik

Clik

Is that EJ Potter in your icon? I was always a fan. So much so that I owned a stable of three V8 bikes. The last one being a 502 CI/502 HP. I still have my first one with a small block Chevy. Unfortuately I had an inner ear operation that didn't go well and ruined my balance. So, I've been selling the bikes off. One V8 Boss Hoss and two Harleys to go. Have you ever read his book Michigan Mad Man?

7. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

He had a gig in here Finland over year ago.
    My friends were on that gig,but I missed that one.I didn't know that he is a car guy.

8. tedster

tedster

I know he likes his John Deere tractors, he mentions a 51 Chevy in one of his songs. I suppose that is the wagon he is referring to.

9. I just finished this cigar box guitar for a friend. I couldn't find a box that I liked, so I built one. Sort of a pseudo CBG

Attached Files:

10. Don't know if this is allowed (Mods delete if not) He is huge here . Note his bass player is John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin. He asked if he could play with him (not like THAT!!!).
    Charlie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YW6_Jw5kqw

11. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

In theory the biggest part of a vehicle's carbon footprint is in its manufacture, so it is reasonable to assume that it is better for the environment to put an older car back on the road and out of a junkyard than to buy new. My 2 cents worth

12. Mike Moreau

Mike Moreau

Can't cite the source, but it was on the internet so it must be true, right? Article said a well tuned "hot rod" has the same carbon footprint as an full sized SUV. Reason given for the low footprint was the relatively low mileage compared to the SUV. Also saw the statistic that 2 large dogs contribute the same amount of pollution as the SUV. So I'll get rid of my hot rod when the equivalent number of large dogs are sacrificed to even things out. (for all you dog owners/lovers, this is an attempt at humor, not an attack against man's best friend)

13. Well, the Ruskies are rounding up all the feral dogs in Soichi and ummmmm.......sending them to live on a big farm where they can romp and chase rabbits all day:rolleyes:, so you can increase your footprint without guilt

14. Clik

Clik

EPA has mandated that farmers put gas monitors in their barns and monitor cow fart emmissions. I don't suppose any of the ignorant asses at the EPA have consdidered what happens to grass when a cow doesn't eat it. It dies in the winter and rots, giving off its gasses. What happens when grass hoppers and thousands of other creatures eat grass? Dipshits!

15. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

16. Great pics Keith!
    Charlie.

17. stardust

stardust
    from Serbia

Thanks for sharing...<object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://lovesmileys.com/f2/3/swatch_white.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://lovesmileys.com/f2/3/swatch_white.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://lovesmileys.com/f2/3/swatch_white.swf" undefined="http://lovesmileys.com/f2/3/swatch_white.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object> :) Looks great

18. luke13

luke13

yes it is, we built a 231cid supercharged buick drag bike in his honor till we keep blowing it up so we now use a late model aluminium gm v6 with factory huffer, we are crazy but still got nothin on ej. i didnt know he had a book, ill have to look into that. i just sold my last drag bike a 103 shovel, but have plans for a late model triumph dragbike. the ear thing doesnt sound good , hope ya get better.

19. luke13

luke13

john paul jones is an amazing musician, i think he enjoyed the way steve treats the recording companys.

20. Mike Moreau

Mike Moreau

Carl, thank you for soothing my concerns. I'll give your name a "shout out" on the first cruise of this year.

21. luke13

luke13

i wonder how long before he turns that hubcap on the 51 into a guitar.

22. Clik

Clik

Luke, I grew up a mile from Sonny Route's (Triumph Racer) shop and raced dirt drags along side Gene Thompsons twin side by side engine triumph.

23. luke13

luke13

wow sonny route is a legend, did he race nortons too? . i love those old multi engine drag irons, i see someone on hamb has the origonal gyronaught and is restoring it, they have made a movie of it i'll try an find for ya , and theres also a documentry on the hogslayer an TC christianson. should start a v8 dragbike thread. dad has his dragbike on youtube if you look up the tags, orbs v6 supercharged dragbike tuning.

24. We gotta get S.S on the HAMB.
    Hey, Clik, what happened to C.P.D?:cool:

p.s; As for BBC, you were attempting piracy. I await your bulletproof response.

p.p.s; Thanks for this thread- my ears pricked up once when hearing S.S on the radio, extolling the virtues of his '51. BTW his music I like- echoes of Sonny Terry/ Brownie McGee for me..

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  25. Clik

Clik

Spoggie, ya lost me. What's C.P.D.?

26. I'll pm. Apologies, back to Seasick Steve & his 51..

27. Clik

Clik

No apologies needed. Were just talkin trash anyway.