Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1953 Battle Cry "DEATH TO ALL JALOPIES !!!"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

It's the machines fault....just like guns kill people.

This is why out rods now are so valuable!

2. Speed~On

Speed~On

Damn greasy Chevrolete Salesman. Do these anal dwelling ass clowns realize they are destroying a 1931 Ford Model A Coupe?!!! I need a drink!!

[​IMG]

3. spike 1948

spike 1948

hi, great pics, can you tell me what issue(date) of Life magazine carried this story ? thanks !

4. Dan

Dan

I'm just enjoying the sweet old cop bikes...

5. Model T1

Model T1

Sure, it's sad for us today to see these cars destroyed. But it happened before this and it is happening as I type.
    Back in the 60's a friend and I used to fly around the local counties of central Illinois spotting old cars. We'd find several later. He'd buy them and scrap them out. Mostly he was after aluminum bodied old cars. Most were in better shape than the old cars I was rebuilding but that's the way it was.
    The above photos and stories were nothing but a way for GM to sell more new cars. Most of those old cars appeared to be already scrapped.
    And in all my 75 years I've never seen a car or a gun kill anyone. Those cars that fell off jacks were the fault of careless shadetree mechanics. The rest careless driving or lack of maintenence.

But why oh why did they destroy that 1931 Model A coupe?

6. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

I love old hot rods and other types late sixties car , but jump in one after not sitting in one for some time, they are made of steel , there's no way any of them are safe compared to new cars that we all drive today, I want to drive old cars all the time , except when you are going to be in a serious wreck ! No wonder some people die , it's all made from iron !

7. Model T1

Model T1

First off I like your slogan. I have a picture like that in my garage about tits and tires. Lot of truth in it.

But it's all made from iron?????? So, is that better than plastic and beer can material?
    I accidentally pulled out from where I was parked waiting for my son and hit a Palm tree stump doing like 5 MPH and destroyed the new plastic bumper on my new truck. Even trucks don't have bumpers. Yes, it was my fault. I had to have the fancy model with painted grille and bumper.... Which cost more than the Dodge chrome one!
    We pushed and pulled cars with those chrome bumpers. Evren played bumper tag but that's nuther story.

8. It went on all over the world, its just sad to see the cars being scrapped. They are obviously unwanted and how would they look today if they had sat in a junk yard. Still hard to see that many were in good shape till the clam bucket got to them. Very sad. JW

9. 327Eric

327Eric

Stuff like this is what makes our stuff valuable. Just as cash for clunkers took cars off the road, and the crushing program in the early 90's to clean the air. The flock will always follow the leader who bleats the loudest. Looks like most of those cars were crusher bound anyways. It sucks that we have to fix cars worse than these ones shown nowadays. Time marches on.