Register now to get rid of these ads!

idea for a 1958 F100 any thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skrapin_64, Jan 27, 2014.

1. skrapin_64

skrapin_64
    from Chino ,CA

Alright guys I have had shit for luck getting my old 58 F100 back from the new owner so Im gonna be picking up another one within the next week and I have an idea i want to use for the rear lights. So if any of you Photochop masters can help a brother out. I have searched everywhere and have yet to find a pic of it done. What I am wanting to do is remove the stock taillights and fill the hole then move them down to the lower panel of the bed but use 51 Buick tailights instead of the stock 58 f100. Of course they would be frenched in. So what are your guys thoughts? Oh and they would be mounted horizontal not vertical

2. luisp55

luisp55

I installed 52 Buick lights on a 60f100 I had, just like you're explaining. I can't figure out how to attach them, if you send me your email, I'll send you some pics.

3. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

The only problem would be if you ever have to drive with the tailgate lowered, like to haul some long lumber, your tail lights would be hidden.

You could tunnel some small lights in the stock location and put the Buick lights in the pan. Then you would be legal.

4. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

You can still do the lights under the tailgate but maybe do brake/ turn lights in the bed rails?

5. Rob68

Rob68

I recently saw a pic of a 57-60 with the taillights moved down. They were somewhat similar to what you are talking about, but I cant find the site where I saw this. It looks pretty cool though. Good luck.

6. skrapin_64

skrapin_64
    from Chino ,CA

Well my buddy Garrett moved his stocks down low in his 60 long bed. [email protected] for the pics. Thanks guys !! Over the weekend I went and looked at a 58 big back window that was bagged in the rear and shaved. The pics looked good so I took the over an hr drive to go look at it. From across the st it looked promising but we know how that goes. The bed was rotted the bags were in and mounted with no airline to it , the notch was hacked. So I look past that and walk the body well as I bent down to look under the passenger front fender was rotted and hanging in the wind so we pop the hood and the tray area of the fender is rotted out. The hood had a multitude of tec screws holding the corners. The 272 had a miss and the valves were talking to me haha . Open the doors and both sides the steps were rotted through with a poor patch job on the driver side. The dash had been cut for a CD player and all the OG gauges were removed and replaced with cheapie ones. The kick panels were cut to locate the home theater speakers for the radio. Took it for a test drive and the clutch was shot and you have to find the sweet spots when shifting the 4 speed so it didn't grind. I walked away from that one. Today I'm driving about 2 hrs up the hill to check out a 57.

Midnight Speed Shop