Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A healthy perspective...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jan 27, 2014.

1. jgang

jgang
    from hamburg ny

i brought this body in the house the other day to take some measurements… its negative 25 today. when my daughter saw it in the spare room she was so excited that i brought her hot rod inside. she asked if she could play in it… of course… her plans are to paint it pink with purple polka dots… she has no other plans for it past that. she's driving in this pic… and making "speeding noises". i lover her so much.

Attached Files:

2. sinticket

sinticket

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390919244.290544.jpg gotta keep these lil guys and gals into this stuff. Here's the little man making some serious dragster sounds

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Loved taking our twins on trips in the old 40 sedan all over the country and now we enjoy exposing the grandkids to hot rods,,especially Veda! HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  4. 7car7

7car7
    from Washington

Loved the story. I think it's great your car put a smile on her face. Would love to hear how this progresses.

Pic is slightly OT, the kids having fun making memories isn't.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Out of all my possessions, past and present, it was my Hot Rod that opened the door to kind strangers. Whether they're into cars or not, older folks get it.

6. starliner62

starliner62

You have neighbors that speak to you? How cool is that??? I walk out of my house to do anything and the guy closest to me completely ignores me. He must not like old cars.

7. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

Great story,Since my kids grew up was finally able to get my 1st jalopy my grandson since he was 2 Loved the sound of it ,one day my wife had him in her arms as I pulled it of the garage to take my son out for a ride he finally saw it and wanted to jump out of her arms, every time he comes over the first place he heads to is the garage to see the jalopy, older neighbors have driven by slowly to see me working on it till i got it painted,Had one older gentlemen walk over to the end of my drive to see what I was doing on a daily bases,one day I asked him can I help you or do have a question ?" he replied he grew up with a jalopy like mines and admired me doing the work on it, Now that it is painted He had his wife drive him by to get a good look at it ,he was having difficulty walking back then do not where he lived

8. Yup, some of my best memories are of my son and I driving in my hotrod. I took him to speed week when he was 5 years old. He's 18 now, but still likes to go with me on road trips....
    Enjoy the kids while they are young, they grow up awfully fast.

9. basicbob

basicbob

Great that you met your elderly neighbor.

Forget the car for the moment, get some flowers for the lady & let your kids give them to her. Flowers from your children will pay hugh dividends!

Great photo of your children in rumble seat---Priceless---

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  10. Wildcycles

Wildcycles

It is important to find the Grandmothers and Grandfathers in your neighborhood. When I was a boy, my own Grandparents had passed away or lived thousands of miles from us. My parents "adopted" a few old-timers from our little town and we had them over for holidays and so on. I have some great memories of those people and when I have the opportunity to do the same for my children, I try to act on it.

I had the good fortune to have met and spent alot of time with an old-timer that had been my mother-in-law's neighbor since 1956. He and I worked on some projects together and forged a friendship. We always ended up working on one thing or another in his shop and we used his tools. Some of the tools he had since he was a young man in the 1940's. He gave me a set of Fairmount Forge body and fender tools that he had purchased for a job he had in Chicago in 1948. I was honored to own them. When he passed away a few years back, his sister gifted me all of his his tools.

He was a man who used hand tools his whole life and I knew how he had cared for them as some of his most prized possessions. Just like the cars in her garage, the tools are just "things" that wouldn't mean much without the memories of our friendship to go along with them.

Enjoy your new neighbor and take the time to visit, even when it may not be convenient.
    It will enrich your life and those of your children.

You helped me with a decision too... I will leave the rumble seat it my Model A coupe!

11. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

Did everything possible to keep the rumble seat. And it paid off huge. Kids really dig it... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1391628678.742272.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. My 10 yr. old got to hit the start button on an 8 second (OT)Camaro for his cousin. He's 27 now and still smiles when I remind him.

13. Cool story! I try to expose my 4 and 6 year old's to elderly people as much as possible. It's amazing how much they brighten their day!

I can't wait to hear what's in that garage....